VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is a little pearl of wisdom, coming straight from the mouth of Scott in the Beaudry service department.
My car is creeping up on its 5k oil change/maintenence, and since beaudry is the only vw dealer here, well, i feel (felt!) slightly more comfortable taking it there than taking it to the neighborhood jiffy lube.
i may recondiser that thought however.
i called the dealership, asking when Raul was available, and i wanted to see how much it was going to be, as i know it will a) be more expensive than my previous plethora of jiffy lube oil changes, and b) i know the specific synthetic oil is more expensive.
this isnt news to me, i was expecing it. he approx. $65. *gasp*... okay... okay... i can live with that (not thrilled but ooohhhkayy....)
conversation went something along these lines from that point:
me: I was wondering what type of oil you use for that oil change?
him: Its a 4w-40 synthetic oil...
me: What is it rated?
him: I dont know....
me: Is there a number anywhere that says 505.xx?
him: It is the correct oil for tdi.
me: I'd just like to ensure that the correct oil goes in my car, that is my top priority.
him: That is our top priority as well, it is the correct oil for a tdi.
me: The 04's are different from the 03. It should be rated 505.01, can you confirm that you have this available, and that that is what will go into my car?
him: Can you please hold for just a moment?
*8 minutes pass, i get a little ticked*
him: Ma'am?
me: Yes?
him: Thank you for educating me on that, we do indeed have the 505.01 oil, and I appreciate you informing me of that.
me:

someone PLEASE give me an alternative to this freaking HIDEOUS place?!?!??! id really prefer to have it done at a dealership....

Modified by kande at 2:20 AM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but im too busy to drive to phoenix!!!!!
lol- can i take it to audi to get serviced?!?!?
brian stole all the good guys!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Re: "Ma'am, Thank you for educating me on that." (RoadHog)

Not sure how twitchy VWOA are on Tdi's - I've heard that they are quite - but you could always just buy the oil from Autozone and diy. Just keep all records of the purchases. Another option would be to buy the filter and oil and take it to an independent - there are laws preventing manufacturers from insisting on only their dealers servicing your car.
One last thing would be to buy the oil yourself - take it into the dealership and ask them to use "customer provided" - insist that they leave the empties in your trunk (in garbage bag of course) so that you can use them for oil disposal later on. I have done this on numerous occasions at my service intervals and although I'm still not guaranteed that they don't use my oil in another car or just plain dump it - at least I know that they would have to be making a real effort to be boneheads.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he works at audi. and he knows what hes talking about. its been the general concensus that beaudry vw.... ive yet to have a particularly "good" experience at beaudry, but the service writer SHOULD know whats going on here....
diy oil change = not an option, im not particularly mechanically inclined...
from posts on tdi club, it seems like the switch from 505.00 -> 505.01 has caused a lot of problems....
srexy-- do you mean i can purchase the correct oil, and take it in myself, and insist that they use what i take?

Modified by kande at 2:36 AM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Re: (jhayesvw)

Quote »
srexy-- do you mean i can purchase the correct oil, and take it in myself, and insist that they use what i take?

Yes absolutely.
Otherwise there's always the mityvac:

Modified by Srexy at 7:43 PM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wtf is that thing???
it just makes me nervous... ya'll know how freakin overprotective about tiff i am!
who were the other techs to recommend? raul and who?.... it just... makes me uneasy.. *sigh*

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Re: "Ma'am, Thank you for educating me on that." (kande)

Why not just do it yourself and save the hassle of complaining about it!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: "Ma'am, Thank you for educating me on that." (Vamped)

ask Golf_Girl why i dont do it myself.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: (kande)

Here's an oil that meets the 505.01 standard if you want to go buy it yourself
http://www.motul.us/autoresellers/
CompCor in Scottsdale is listed as a reseller. (480) 443-7747
For my 2002 TDI, I always bring along a gallon of Delvac 1 for the oil changes, and I go see Sherry...never had a problem. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i live in tucson... i already checked for the motul.... cant find any locally... :grr:
diy = not an option... i know beaudry wont do anything *too* stupid.... but... just figured id share the little conversation with everyone....

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ehhh shuddddddup!

yeah... im not so good with car stuff...

Modified by kande at 3:54 AM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
3,293 Posts

Beaudry is REQUIRED to carry the correct oil for your Volkswagen by VW. Even though we most likely will not have the opportunity to service an Audi RS6, we still have to carry the oil. It is a requirement according to their warranty guidelines. Remember: some service advisors are not enthusiasts. Scott is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but HE is not the one who is servicing your car.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (16V Hare)

Quote, originally posted by 16V Hare »
. Scott is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but HE is not the one who is servicing your car.

LMFAO! i believe ive had multiple altercations with him, one which involved a phone call to his manager after he was being a bastard to me.... i can tell hes not the sharpest tool in the shed...
he was a cocky, arrogant bastard at first, saying, oh yes this one is the right one yada yada... and then he came back from me on hold sounding like a dog with his tail between his damned legs... like.. damn. this girl just 0wn3d me and this is my job!
who else besides raul will do this? and how can i double, triple EXTRA ensure that itll be the right oil? just nervous about it....

·
Registered
3,293 Posts

Quote, originally posted by kande »

who else besides raul will do this? and how can i double, triple EXTRA ensure that itll be the right oil? just nervous about it....

Go into the parts Dept. and buy it yourself. Then make sure you request Raul or Lance. I would say to bring it to Audi, but we are way to busy to have Jeff or Mike change the oil much less work on a VW.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (16V Hare)

Quote, originally posted by 16V Hare »
I would say to bring it to Audi, but we are way to busy to have Jeff or Mike change the oil much less work on a VW.

elitist bastard

j/k - thanks for the continued advice brian
ill buy it from the parts dept... and... that should be good

·
Registered
567 Posts

brian i'll be there tomorrow... finally get my new maf so i can register the damn beast... how is staffen (sp)... been meaning to call you about him...

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Re: (gufi21)

Quote, originally posted by gufi21 »
brian i'll be there tomorrow... finally get my new maf so i can register the damn beast... how is staffen (sp)... been meaning to call you about him...

Stefan is OK. He is probably your best bet since Tyler doesn't really write service anymore. I won't be at work tomorrow James........I took the day off http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if i had talked to tyler, id be 150% at ease.....
Justin- Id love to learn how to do car stuff... but im simply not good at it.... If i had someone who was incredibly patient with me to basically hold my hand through it (and not spill oill all over the garage connor) and teach me, id be delighted!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i watched connor do it, but he missed the oil pan. i poured the oil in, if that counts for anything.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts