VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a machine shop in RI that can bore an aircooled engine case? Don't really want to bring it to just anyone and hope they know what they are doing...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (2002sportside)

Quote, originally posted by 2002sportside »
Anyone know of a machine shop in RI that can bore an aircooled engine case? Don't really want to bring it to just anyone and hope they know what they are doing...

be careful. some machine shops cant keep tight tolerences. depending on how much material you want to take off, you might want to look at a machine shop that does grinding and honing. I know of a place called Baystate Machine in Warwick, but i dont know if they accept that kind of job.

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (vwk2)

or r+r machine shop they are behind the getty gas station on sandy lane in warwick i cant think of the name of the street though they did the port and polish on the heads of my old car and the 5 angle valve job to. awesome work there are only 1 or 2 guys that work there and the know their sheet

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (2002sportside)

there used to be a rock n roll muscle car shop in Central Falls/Pawtucket called Cisco's Performance Center. They usually do mulletmobiles, but you might get lucky or get some good leads for engine-oriented machine shops.
CISCOS PERFORMANCE AUTO SALES & REPAIR
264 WEEDEN ST, PAWTUCKET, RI 02860
Phone: (401) 724-5040
401 WALCOTT ST, PAWTUCKET, RI 02860

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (Dr. Edlocks)

Quote, originally posted by Dr. Edlocks »
there used to be a rock n roll muscle car shop in Central Falls/Pawtucket called Cisco's Performance Center. They usually do mulletmobiles, but you might get lucky or get some good leads for engine-oriented machine shops.
264 WEEDEN ST, PAWTUCKET, RI 02860
401 WALCOTT ST, PAWTUCKET, RI 02860

hehehe i used to go there when i had my camaro they have some insane big blocks there

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (quick_huh)

They usually do mulletmobiles

Quote, originally posted by quick_huh »
hehehe i used to go there when i had my camaro

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (quick_huh)

Quote, originally posted by quick_huh »
and now there starting to deal with hondas

I noticed that as I passed the Weeden St. location. I was blinded by the overwhelming glow of white DTM wheels in the parking lot. lol, welding helmet.

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Re: Machine shop in RI (Dr. Edlocks)

I noticed that as I passed the Weeden St. location. I was blinded by the overwhelming glow of white DTM wheels in the parking lot. lol, welding helmet.

and fake carbon fiber hoods LOL good thing im in warwick granted it isnt half as bad but not many lettuce pickers around here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts