VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

machine shop question

612 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  billyVR6 
#1 ·
who should I go with schimmel or shine i need blueprinting and balance,lighten flywheel,bore and hone and a p'n'p head with big vavles I live in pa, I am closer to schimmel but if shine is better I have been up in the area of shine many times

#3 ·
Re: machine shop question (Ravin' VR6)

thats were I disagree a buddy of mine took his dub to a machine shop that does motor and they screw it up, I need some one who has had good experiecne with workin with vr's anybody is good for a bore job aon a 4 banger but the vr most shops I ask look at me and basically laugh and they look at the head and say they are kinda scared at portin the head on the vr

#4 ·
Re: machine shop question (vwdriver92)

Well, both shops/tuners have a very good reputation for VR6 performance. This is a tough question to answer because most suggestions will be based off of the fact that people will suggest one or the other just because that is where they go for work. To keep it simple, both shops a great, but if it was between a tuner close by with the same knowledge and experience as a tuner miles/states away, I would go with the one closest to me. I would feel a hell of alot better knowing that if I had a problem that I could just shoot over there and not have to plan a trip. I know Shine has a good P&P head and that Bill's P&P heads out flow BVH's on the flow bench while still using the stock valves. If this helps, most of Bill's motors are built for serious race/turbo cars in the range of 350-750hp...his bottom end builds are one of the strongest out there. You might want to call him or visit the site http://www.schimmelperformance.com
I know Bill is away till Monday, so you might want to hold off on calling him till next week.
Hopefully someone who has delt with Shine will post about thier experience with them. Hope this helps.
Bill

[Modified by billyVR6, 9:22 PM 11-29-2001]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.