VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Re: MacMini carputer concept even more compelling now (A4MouseJunior)

Quote, originally posted by A4MouseJunior »

I still have to put the monitor up to the console, the double din wont fit my Xenarc 7" tounchscreen. My option is to have the radio put inside the glovebox, move down the climate control and then I will have the space to put it there.

find out what it would take to swap your climate controls for the controls out of the B5.5 A4 and then you should be able to fit your screen in there...or get rid of your radio and run all of your music from the computer. you can get a radio tuner for the computer so you will still get radio, i don't know how sirrius would work...but sirrius sucks...
or what about the A3 with navigation? what would it take to fit the center console in there? doesnt that have a 7" screen?
.:EDIT:.
also, i would look into the addition of VAG-COM if you were to do a mac mini...does the software come in mac platform? cos it's a definate plus to have it there hardwired whenever you want it.

Modified by threethirteen at 5:39 PM 4/8/2006

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Re: MacMini carputer concept even more compelling now (Smartass)

Quote, originally posted by Smartass »
You mean the B6?
There was never a B5.5 A4, just a B5.5 passat.
Either way I really doubt it would wire right up and work, probably a completely different setup.

thats an interesting thought.... in 99.5 they gave the A4 a little updo. new center instrument panel, one-piece headlights, new sidemarkers, fog lights, larger passenger mirror, additional option of HID. then in 2001.5 they added the K03 sport and i believe DBW...commonly known as the B5.5
and in the +99.5 they changed around the climate control module so the could fit in an optional navigation. i have seen it before where peopl made a fiberglas instrument panel for a xenarc 7" touch screen...but in most instances they had to use the later model climate controls.

Modified by threethirteen at 11:31 PM 4/8/2006

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.