VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 6,675 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Re: Maestro 7 Tuning: FAQ, DIY, hard data, and advice thread (VRT)

Quote, originally posted by 16plus4v »
Geez took you long enough

Quote, originally posted by VRT »
I recommend a full laptop not a net book. Difficult to see the full screen.

yea, I tune in Maestro on my desktop, then transfer files to/from my netbook for flashing and logging. Even if you could see on the netbook screen having an actual workstation is much easier...
Quote, originally posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers »
Wait a minute.. No access to fuel, timing, boost, and readiness?? That's a bit dissapointing..

Quote, originally posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers »
Actually I can... He states that as of 10/19/2009 those maps are non adjustable..

Quote, originally posted by Stinky Binky »
I believe he says the 3D maps are adjustable through changing the numerical data in the table and not through actually grabbing points on the graph and moving them around(I could be wrong thought)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif There is basic adjustment through "Read Settings" in Flash or with a lot of detail in Maestro

Re: FV-QR (halchka99)

Quote, originally posted by halchka99 »
i had uni before. just sold that and ordered this

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
if i got forth with anymore mods to my mk4, Maestro 7 is on the "to get" list

Re: (ethorman)

Quote, originally posted by ethorman »
FAQ worthy then?

Absolutely.

Re: (DarkSideGTI)

^^ Very soon.

Got a couple of questions i tried to email their website but im sure they have tons of emails and work thats takes priority so I turn to you guys for help :>
Back ground:
1 my dog (105lb boxer) stepped on my laptop and cracked the screen, still works but i gotta manuever the windows to see stuff lol-myfualt leaving it on the ground in a corner i guess
2 I am planing for going for 450-500awhp later and want to do as many mods now that will get me power or show difference now that i wont have to rebuy later
Question 1
If i get the software now and load it onto my laptop to use on my car... when i get a new laptop can i load it to my new one
question 2
If i get the software and update my car so it is better now, is it free to get another map when i get my exhaust and DV
question 3
how much is it to upgrade the tune/map when i go BAT?
I really appreciate all the help

Re: (sound-speed-style)

Quote, originally posted by sound-speed-style »
Got a couple of questions i tried to email their website but im sure they have tons of emails and work thats takes priority so I turn to you guys for help :>
Back ground:
1 my dog (105lb boxer) stepped on my laptop and cracked the screen, still works but i gotta manuever the windows to see stuff lol-myfualt leaving it on the ground in a corner i guess
2 I am planing for going for 450-500awhp later and want to do as many mods now that will get me power or show difference now that i wont have to rebuy later
Question 1
If i get the software now and load it onto my laptop to use on my car... when i get a new laptop can i load it to my new one
Yes it's simply a software download off of Eurodyne's website. Chris gives you a log in password for the download
question 2
If i get the software and update my car so it is better now, is it free to get another map when i get my exhaust and DV
Yes, you simply flash the file according to your setup.
question 3
how much is it to upgrade the tune/map when i go BAT?
The cost for Maestro is a one tme charge. $915 and you won't pay anything to switch files.
I really appreciate all the help

Re: Maestro 7 Tuning: FAQ, DIY, hard data, and advice thread (l88m22vette)

Any kind of MAF scaling features?

You shouldn't need too many maps.. te whole point is that you can tweak the files to better your setup. Maybe you should just look into the fash loader and data logging software ?

So why don't you just get basic software for now and wait until you go BT ? your not going to gain all that much unless you can tune it yourself.. There is only so much a tune can be changed in house and actually perfrm well IN the car.

21 - 40 of 6,675 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.