VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 6,675 Posts
Re: (blackedoutaudi)

Eurodyne's generic maps make great power and leave little that need changing. It's all in the setup and the tuner

I'd personally buy maestro first thing as opposed to buying a chip tune first. If you go with the tapp 630 file, or something similar to it..you'll have to shell out another 500 to get the maestro.
750+500 > 900 up front.

FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by vanaman »
If i have to clean this up again, i will l just black hole the whole thread and be done with it.
steve

thanks you steve it would suck to see a great thread get thrown down the drain come on guys... i would like this to be around when i get all my maestro stuff

WOWOWOW..Looks amazing..Is it worth to get maestro tuning even for those people who are running mild turbo set up's?(t3s60, GT28's, etc)

Re: (NorthernGTI)

Quote, originally posted by NorthernGTI »
WOWOWOW..Looks amazing..Is it worth to get maestro tuning even for those people who are running mild turbo set up's?(t3s60, GT28's, etc)

its only worth it for them.it you had anything bigger,and wanted to make the most power and have the most tuning capabilities,you would go with a "real" stand alone system as they have far more options for more precise tuning.it wouldnt be a generic map as everyones car/setup is different

Quote, originally posted by blackedoutaudi »

its only worth it for them.it you had anything bigger,and wanted to make the most power and have the most tuning capabilities,you would go with a "real" stand alone system as they have far more options for more precise tuning.it wouldnt be a generic map as everyones car/setup is different

The most powerful 1.8T in North America used this tuning software.. This offers all the benefits of standalone, without having to create the base map, and also offers the added bonus of being able to pass OBD2 readiness testing.. Not to mention an added safety margin by retaining the factory knock sensors..

Maestro is great for any turbo...
They send you a base tune (aka generic) so for example if you are running a GT 35r on a fully built 2.0L, they will send you their tune for that to start off with, but if you eventually want to upgrade cams, intake manifold, or run w/m injection you can do all the modifying of your tune with this program.
Sure if you are running a full blown race setup standalone would probably be better, but think of this as better than a flash, and almost the same as a standalone, there is so much inside the programing that you can change. Hope that helps.
Edit: For 99 percent of the cars that are running BT and plan on making changes in the future this will cover it all.

Modified by ethorman at 8:52 AM 10-22-2009

Re: (ethorman)

Quote, originally posted by ethorman »

Sure if you are running a full blown race setup standalone would probably be better, but think of this as better than a flash, and almost the same as a standalone, there is so much inside the programing that you can change. Hope that helps.

Modified by ethorman at 8:52 AM 10-22-2009

does it have adaptive mapping?

Re: (dubinsincuwereindiapers)

Quote, originally posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers »

ONE OF The most powerful 1.8Ts in North America used this tuning software.. This offers all the benefits of standalone, without having to create the base map, and also offers the added bonus of being able to pass OBD2 readiness testing.. Not to mention an added safety margin by retaining the factory knock sensors..

does it have adaptive mapping?
The factory Bosch ME7 has adaptive mapping.. Standalone doesn't adapt to anything.. With standalone you must make changes yourself for air temp, density, etc.. So if you have an upgraded tune Via Maestro, the ecu will automaticly adapt for temp/ density changes, etc.. Just like stock, but applied to the new programming..

im not assuming.how is maestro far superior?i gotta hear this one

I am going to chime in here. First off the Eurodyne Maestro system appears to have it all...
But to me there are 5 distinct advantages of running a Eurodyne Maestro setup vs. standalone.
1. Standalones do not come with a base tune / map. So the average joe tuner can modify from an incredible starting point.
2. There is no need for any plug and play harness or splicing of wiring etc..
3. Allows for most if not all of a standalones potential with a stock ECU and ahemm... Can be used in California's infamous smog checks. (I am not aware of any standalones that have passed Cali smog. Please correct me if I am wrong)
4. Price. I don't believe that there are any standalones for under maestros price point.
5. Eurodyne has made it incredibly easy is it to customize what you wish to eliminate or include with regards to eliminating CEL's due to Evap, cat and other related items.
Not trying to argue with anyone just pointing out my opinions on why I would rather and do plan on going with Eurodyne's Maestro over a standalone.

Re: (sledge0001)

Quote, originally posted by sledge0001 »

Eurodyne Maestro setup vs. standalone.

You are forgetting one of the most important features of ME-7 vs Standalone....
*** knock sensing ***
I have yet to meet someone with an standalone system that has been able to effectively tune there engine for knock without blowing it up.Even if you went with a Motec and asked for the assisstance with knock tuning,they would say sure np but you would need to send them a replica motor to blow up

For the ME5.8 guys and lower,they really only have 2 choices:
1. ME-7 conversion
2. Standalone
but if you are a 2001+ MKIV or Audi B5/B6 then definitely a "chip tune" is the way to go. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

41 - 60 of 6,675 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.