VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Should a Maestro Tuning sub-forum be created?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not sure if this has actually been suggested/voted on or not- if so mods please delete. According to the rules in the sticky above we need 400 votes for this to get voted on by Vortex staff members.

I'd like to see a "Maestro Tuning" sub forum under the Technical section.

Currently there is a 96 page thread that has been ongoing since October 2009. In this thread there is valuable information amongst the 3,300+ posts, but nobody has time to go through that many posts to find an answer.

Also people need answers specific to their cars and personal setups. There have been a few threads pop up in the 1.8T tech section, however, most are in the thread and do not include enough information or data to assist these members. Also this section is drowned with Big Turbo build threads, trouble code help threads and basic 1.8T mechanical knowledge- a great forum, but not for prospective tuners.

I think a separate sub-forum would allow us to build a good (locked) FAQ post with information to help tuning & Maestro newbies get started. It would also encourage creating a new post about your car, your problem and to include data in that post such as logs and maybe a link to the tune you're working with. VCDS/Vag-com has a sub form like this- we should too.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I agree with this 100%. Please do not come out and say there is a forum supported by Eurodyne because that forum in itself is dead and does not have the huge community and expertise that VWVortex has. I would love to see this so we can actually organize the posts a bit.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
We need this so badly! The fact that we don't have a dedicated forum is what is holding Maestro back from becoming more mainstream, and user friendly. We could actually have many threads with different topics, rather than just one giant thread, which makes it a daunting task to piece together information. And, once we get individual threads with specific, easy-to-follow information on basic tuning, a lot more people will jump into Maestro.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mine is in!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
yup:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Done:thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Gets my Vote:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
TTq, OBXT, Renegade
16,092 Posts
Voted yes, my thread is massive and I wouldn't want to try to decipher it, and it seems like the community is only really starting to get a handle of dealing with the different tuning sections and how to make them work in harmony. Props to Doug for the suggestion, please consider it mods!

:peace:

·
Registered
824 Posts
i completely agree i dont have the time to try and sort through that massive thread and anytime you post something in the 1.8t thread most people who read that thread dont know how to use maestro or just say "see massively overgrown thread"

so yes a me7 tuning/ maestro thread is necessary

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I think this is much needed.

Also has anyone considered creating a drop box account for sharing tunes or even individual maps; injectors, maf's, timing... etc.

I know if people could combine elements from each others tweaks we could get some pretty awesome files.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.