VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who works for a company that makes and sells performance MAF meters for high performance North American cars, and we have been developing a kit for digifant cars. It replaces the OE vane style Airflow Meter with a hotwire style one. The kit will include the sensor, an Intake Temp Sensor, the wiring harness, instructions, and a MAF tuner. The tuner will allow one to control and vary different parts of the curve, for mixture. This will be mounted in the interior of the car, and will allow a lot of tunng.
Pricing is going to be about $650 Cdn for the kit, or about $475USD for the kit.
Is there much interest in this?

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Re: MAF for Digifant cars (markertoo)

what type of control are we talking? something like a low, mid, hi adjustment, or something a bit more precise? also, why don't you base it around a common sensor like the 3" gm sensor like the one used in the 94 impala ss? these were used in tons of vehicles. these can be had for 100 new, or very cheap in junkyards. also, why an air temp sensor? a lot of companies that use stuff like this just put a set value in. it keeps costs down due to not needing the sensor. there are other companies out there selling similar pieces for 200. split sec has laptop programmable signal modifiers for a bit more, but still cheaper than 475 in some cases.
i think its a great idea. i just think its more for the forced induction crowd, and also not worth 475.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.