VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have tried calling hotexhaust...no answer ever. Magnaflow says that I'd it is a defect, the replacement will have to be done through the vendor. Great. I might have to try and grind this lip off.

Total pewp. Sticks up a good 1/4" or so and is only inches from the turbo. Maybe I am being anal here but whatevs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Avoid hottexhaust at all costs

This saga continues and I am bumping this thread to just let you guys know to avoid hottexhaust.com. I know a number of people have viewed this thread and the only input I have gotten is "I haven't had any issues".

Bottoms line is, if you ever do order from them and god forbid you have an issue, you aren't going to get any help from them. Emails, phone calls, messages, and even a conversation on the phone where they said they were working on an RMA# have equated to a whole lot of nothing. Now it is going to be in my banks hands. It has been over a month that I have been trying to let them handle their business...which is more than enough time.

Do yourself a favor, if you are looking for Magnaflow products - BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats why we use reputable venders that would never let something like this leave there warehouse. Its not worth saving $50 to get this crap shipped to your door.
Before purchasing, I usually look up the vendor name to see if others have ordered from them. Apparently there are some who have with no issue, didnt find anything. In fact they have a code for discount VORTEX. So you can see how I figured they were legit. Also hadnt heard of anyone complaining about the product.

I am guessing this is something like MJM, where they were once cool to order from. Well times are a changin'

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
This saga continues and I am bumping this thread to just let you guys know to avoid hottexhaust.com. I know a number of people have viewed this thread and the only input I have gotten is "I haven't had any issues".

Bottoms line is, if you ever do order from them and god forbid you have an issue, you aren't going to get any help from them. Emails, phone calls, messages, and even a conversation on the phone where they said they were working on an RMA# have equated to a whole lot of nothing. Now it is going to be in my banks hands. It has been over a month that I have been trying to let them handle their business...which is more than enough time.

Do yourself a favor, if you are looking for Magnaflow products - BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE.
i think you should tell magnaflow and maybe they'll deny that company the rights to sell magnaflow products

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did, in fact, talk with magnaflow. They only offered to set up an rma# for me and then called hottexhaust to give it to them and have them contact me. .. And hotter hast still hasn't gotten back to me, lol. They suck that bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.