VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,818 Posts
I've only seen it on older vehicles. I doubt this will work on most new vehicles b/c of the sheer amount of plastic upfront or on the trunklid nowadays. I saw people use smaller, heavy duty magnets that are either (looked at least) screwed to the license plate. You know, like a long magnetized bar? Make sense?

· Registered
5,829 Posts
Re: Magnets to hold on a front license plate? (Firepower_426)

what kind of car do you have I have the same issue if I use the stock bracket I have to drill holes in the front of my car. I work at a dealership and we use magnets but they are kinda abrasive I dont think this is a good permanet solution. You could try and fabricate one yourself get the magnets at home depot or try online.

· Registered
5,824 Posts

Magnets are the http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif i worked at a body shop and I saw a couple guys request this for there front bumpers (R32 front's) and it worked well as long as you get the right magnets.

· Registered
1,146 Posts

If you can find them, rare earth magnets (the magnets inside hard drives, for example) are extremely powerful. Depending on the car/bumper, you could use adhesive on the inside of the bumper and put one in there, and one on your license plate.

Though, if you plan on actually removing it, you would probably sooner bend your plate than get the magnets apart -- they're really quite strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.