VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the post with the magnum obviously gave me this idea
basically it is hard for me to believe how someone would rather own a 500 dollar fox rather then a magnum
lets see what each has to offer
fox:
fun to drive
1.8l 8v-->81 hp
big plastic mouldings everyone wants to take off
styling not much different from a box
true its fun to drive but only when the suspension is altered
magnum:
im sure its just as fun to drive
a little bigger (whether this is a plus or negative depends on the person)
i assume is would be a 5.7l v8---> probably about 250-300hp (dont quote me i didnt research)
great styling i would be proud to dress up with 19 inch rims
well you guys make the choice

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: magnum vs fox wagon (matsit_fox)

thats so typical
VW is better no matter what, no matter if its their cheapest model assembeled in brazil
how bout mercedes?? is vw better then that too?
cuz mercedes are daimler chrysler
dont get me wrong i love and enjoy my fox but cummon were comparing vehicles in 2 totaly different classes
one is an economy wagon and one is a powerful high performance wagon

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Re: magnum vs fox wagon (rubin_bc)

as advertised on the commercial for the 300c it has the hemi (same engine assuming) which is 340 hp......rear wheel drive also......i really don't see it going out a curvy road very fast....but hey if someone was giving me one i'll take about anything

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, If I had thirty grand or whatever that magnum costs I know one thing for sure... I sure wouldn't buy the magnum, I'd be shopping for an r32 or something like that. maybe rob a bank for more money and go with an S4 wagon.
Now if I had about 1 grand to spend on a car I'd definately buy a fox over any late eighties chrysler.
And besides its not a vw! I might be stupid but If I was shopping for a new car I'd look at vw's first.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (derek_nardecchia)

this is not about chrystler vs vw.. its abou the fox vs magnum
FOX vs MAGNUM

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Re: (rubin_bc)

Anyone else seen the Magnum advert where it races the de-badged Lotus Esprit on a twisty background. From the looks of it, it's a late model Esprit which had the V8 engine - either way... the Magnum wouldn't stand a hope in all heck of beating it. It does look pretty cool, although i bet in 10 years it'll look hopelessly outdated.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Fox vs. magnum is an idiotic comparison. I'd rather have RWD on a twisty road than FWD, especially with 340hp on tap. For 30 grand, I'd buy a B5 S4 and mod it. Maybe a used E46 M3(6spd, not SMG) and supercharge it. And a Lotus Esprit will most certainly embarrass a Magnum.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Evilclown)

tahts not the point... im not sayin that the magnum is my choice of car
jus that when banned wagon showed that magnum on the other thread people were saying that it cant beat the fox and theyd rather have a fox any day
thats what im trying to figure out, how many poeple would pick the fox ver the magnum
for 30 grand personally i would build a sylvia out of a 240sx

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Re: (rubin_bc)

For $25g i'd put a downpayment on a house, i'd spend $1g on a street legal superlight 2stroke motorbike and it's spend another $2g on the fox..
Oh, and my wife could get a grand to go shopping with.
No magnum. End of discussion.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Re: (matsit_fox)

Quote, originally posted by the brit »
For $25g i'd put a downpayment on a house, i'd spend $1g on a street legal superlight 2stroke motorbike and it's spend another $2g on the fox..
Oh, and my wife could get a grand to go shopping with.
No magnum. End of discussion.

that way everybody's happy .... american cars suck anyway; the're too big, too heavy.

take a look a it..... National Lampoons Vegas Vacation or what??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey wait a minute, now theres a comparison. The fox vs. the national lampoons family truckster!!!! I love how that beast had two sets of taillights and like eight headlights. someone start a new poll!!

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Re: magnum vs fox wagon (rubin_bc)

I'm gonna definitely have to hit up on the Magnum on this one. It's just plain sexy. It has that old muscle car persona. And, I love sleek wagons. Alas, the Fox is not a sleek wagon. B3 Passats though...mmMMMMmmmm
But, even with my hate towards american cars as of late, the magnum is just damned cool.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Re: magnum vs fox wagon (HiJinx)

The magnum is pretty cool, but im positive its not as fun to drive as a fox.
I think we all forgot what vw boasts the most.....Roadfeel!!!!
No other car has the feel of a vw espically a fox. fox has better feel than a rabbit and golf/jetta (my opinion). with its manual steering and how it is setup a little different it makes for an awesome feeling car that gives excellent roadfeel and feedback. yeah it may be slow, but thats kinda what makes it a fun beast to drive.
And whoever said somthing about 80's chrysler products...dont sleep on them, those turbo motors are quite powerful and easy to upgrade. and dont forget that they had shelby on there side in the 80's.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Re: magnum vs fox wagon (dacolino)

the magnum should be fun to drive. I am sure its nothing like a fox Theo! And comparing the two is ludicrous! (I am not saying one is better then the other just different) I think i just like wagons too much
"All-wheel drive arrives this fall." Quoted from Car and driver http://www.caranddriver.com/ar...=8012

Modified by Banned wagon at 2:17 PM 5-24-2004

1 - 17 of 17 Posts