VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Predictably there were quite a few Porsches, even gProgramm brought the cars they drove out to LA from NY for Luftgekunlt. And the bright orange 2002 featured on Petrolicious, "Carved Pumpkin" was also in attendance, along with a rallye-prepped 930 and a VW mk2 Golf Country. The Lancia 037 Group B was also in attendance, this one also featured on Petrolicious. Some how I snagged a parking spot right in front.

My Corrado "RS"

Friend's S52-swapped E30 M3.

gProgramm

Carved Pumpkin

The only Mustang that showed up...and he didn't do a burnout or crash

Alex Roy stopped by in his Morgan

Rest of album:
Click Here.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you meet magnus walker? is he as big a douche in real life as he seems from his videos?
Personally, I did not go up to him, but from what I could tell about how he interacted with all the 30+yr old men acting like 13yr old girls at a Justin Bieber concert, he seemed far from a douche. And to further that, I never got the impression from his videos that he is a douche. Let's be honest, he did well for himself prior to his automotive fame, and the automotive fame is not his doing but more the by-product of the ridiculous air-cooled Porsche market. The fact that grown men swoon over him boggles my mind. I definitely give him credit for maxmizing his popularity. If given the opportunities to do the same for the same reasons, I would totally take advantage...from the branding, to the movies, to the interviews, to the product placement, I have no issues with it.

·
Registered
IG @apissues
15,356 Posts
I always liked those weird reflector style factory HIDs. Never seen any other car with xenons like that from the factory.
Older Q45
Older LS430
Older Acura TL
Older Acura RL
Older Acura CL
Lincoln Mark 8
Lincoln Aviator
Lincoln Navigator
First-gen MINI Cooper
Mercedes M
Mercedes C
Mercedes E
Mercedes S
04-05 STi
New Forester
Older Avalon
etc.
etc.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
did you meet magnus walker? is he as big a douche in real life as he seems from his videos?
I've met and spoken with him. He's an okay guy. Just loves his Porsches and his internet fame. Some are put off by this others are not. Either way there are more important things in life to be concerned with. :beer:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I did an AT search for 2007-2009 and 200 mile radius of me and 20 popped up (half coupe/half conv) w/ a $35K average. The crazy thing was 13 of them had less than 10K miles, some had less than 4K.
That's to be expected. Everyone buys these thinking its the second coming of the muscle car and values for low mileage cars drop because everyone and their mom has one.

Older Q45
Older LS430
Older Acura TL
Older Acura RL
Older Acura CL
Lincoln Mark 8
Lincoln Aviator
Lincoln Navigator
First-gen MINI Cooper
Mercedes M
Mercedes C
Mercedes E
Mercedes S
04-05 STi
New Forester
Older Avalon
etc.
etc.
I was more getting at the actual design with the little part sticking up from the bottom of the light as opposed to stemming out from the center of the light

·
997.2 911 C2, MK4 R32, S124 E320, W124 300E
12,915 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the dude from even the most jaded people who have met and talked to him in person FWIW.
Yup same here. Only negatives you ever really hear are from people on the Internet but that's to be expected I guess

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
037 :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

cool! :thumbup:

·
Registered
IG @apissues
15,356 Posts
I was more getting at the actual design with the little part sticking up from the bottom of the light as opposed to stemming out from the center of the light
Fair enough, however the bulb still installs the same way from the rear-center. The glare guard is just that little stick part up from the bottom instead of from the middle of the reflector, which I agree is indeed unique.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Made a last minute decision to go straight from my weekend in D.C. Was so tired that day that I didn't even pickup on the fact that the Corrado would belong to a Vortexer :facepalm:. Clean machine!

My humble E36 M3 + Co:

·
Registered
87,825 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the dude from even the most jaded people who have met and talked to him in person FWIW.
It may be his looks and "don't care" attitude when on camera... and his "don't care" attitude on camera may be very genuine (about the publicity).
But the look and attitude can come across like something trying really hard to look like they don't care.
Glad to hear he is a genuine guy in person. :thumbup::)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.