VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me six Mann oil filters coded W 719/30 when she sold her A3 Jetta. I wonder if they will fit my A1 Scirocco, they look like they will. I use Mahle code OC-47 oil filters on the Scirocco. Does anyone have a cross reference of the Mahle vs Mann oil filters?

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Mahle vs Mann (floridays)

Mann's website has their entire catalog on it with pics/specs and application guide. The 719/30 is the same filter my Audi V6 uses. IIRC it has a different valve setup (or lack thereof) than the normal 8v 719/5 filters.

·
Registered
18,222 Posts
Re: Mahle vs Mann (floridays)

Mahle part #OC 47 cross-references with Mann part #W719/5.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,
I'll play it safe and turn the 719/30's over to someone with the proper application. Anyone out there intrested?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: (floridays)

thier the same filter i work at a shop and sell them alot, and used to work in an IMC warehouse. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Rigamortis Rex)

Really? I guess I'll keep 'em then. They look similer with the only difference being the oil input hole patturn between the seal and the threads where you screw them onto the filter housing. You positive? Oh well, if she blows I'm ready for a 2.0 litre lower end anyway but would hate to see the old 1.7 go that way.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: (Rigamortis Rex)

The hole pattern is irrelevant. As long as it has enough holes to flow, the proper valves inside, and the proper thread pitch for the center.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Re: (sheimbach)

according to the mann catalog, the 719/30 is an upgrade
over previous models, and fits your vehicle. all gas engine models
from 75 (except VR6 and quantum) take your filter as a direct replacement. do not give those away!
mann catalog is online, mann usa .. etc.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: (OverSquare)

Quote, originally posted by OverSquare »
according to the mann catalog, the 719/30 is an upgrade
over previous models

Got a screenshot of that? I'd like to see it and how they explain it.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Re: (The_Hamster)

manns website has the same opening pressure
size, shape, color and thread between the 719/50 and the 719/30

i read it not long ago...soo..what they had stated that
719/25 was being replaced by the 719/30 and that that one
was a new media and seal that was an extended life variety. works very well with synthetic. vw sells one filter 06A 115 561B for anything from
a rabbit up to AWD,AWW,AWM, etc. 2.5 bar opening pressure.
another screwball thing is that the 078-115-561-K from...err RS6 i think..Mann's catalog says use the 719/30 model for that, too.
I cant tell in that instance why there would be all these different filters
flying around if one does the trick.

Modified by OverSquare at 8:42 AM 2-7-2008

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: (OverSquare)

Well the 719/30 is noticeably more expensive than the 719/5. I have a stock of both in my garage for my vehicles. The 719/5 are like 5 bucks each and the 30's are closer to 7 or 8 IIRC.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Re: (The_Hamster)

maybe the only difference isnt size, or shape, but the as previously stated media change to "better handle synthetics".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts