VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the main differences betwwen a 2001 Audi 1.8T and the Volkswagon range of engines. Since the 2k1 audi has 170/180hp? does it utelize the newer hybrid turbo the G/J use in the 2k1's with variable valve timing?
Also are the downpipes, inlet pipes stock exhaust all the same in both lineups.
Lastly if I have the170/180 hp (which is correct?) what is the tuning potential, and which tuner, of this motor.
thanks
J

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Main differences between A4 & G/J/P 4? (GBGTI)

The 2001 motors are 170hp. They are the same as the newer golf jetta motors in some respects.
Of course a transverse and longitudinal motor has differences in many aspects, turbo, downpipe, exhast,intake, programming. Carved out of the same block of ice, but a good bit of difference.
I believe GIAC does a K04 upgrade and APR has that bad-azz upgrade, and PES has a T28 upgrade? The Clutch will die out in like 10K miles if you go for the more extreme hardcore upgrades. A good clutch plus install can easily run you $1500+ on the Audi.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Main differences between A4 & G/J/P 4? (mrkrad)

And I'm sure the "tip" tranny would cost a great deal more! What's it rated to 250 ft lb of torque? I also hear there is a "tip" chip for 99.5 and older. Is DBW tip chips available yet.
J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.