VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its silly, but the cupholders?
I had done some research about jettas before seriously deciding to get one and noticed several peeps complaining about the cupholders. On most 2003 models they are located above the radio and block it from view when they actually have cups in them.
I was wondering if anyone that has left the stock radio system in their vw moved the cupholders from on top of the radio to below the radio?
its silly but it almost kept me from picking the jetta. (got leather package so i could get the controls on the steering wheel so its not as much of an issue)
thoughts?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Re: Main issue (fraanz)

it would be pretty cool to be able to move the radio up and the cupholders down.... but then they would block the AC controls. i rarely use the cupholders anyway, and when i do, they only block my cubby, not my radio. so... i've never complained about the cupholders.
if you really want, you can get the new 2003.5 console extension (the plastic shell where the eBrake comes out), it has the cupholders molded into it (no neat gadgety mechanics http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif )
Then you can be free to remove the sliding portion of your current cuholders and use the space under the flip cover for stuff like CDs, your checkbook, or something.
That would be a pretty neat storage compartment.
The new models with the new new cupholders have a solid panel where our cupholders are. i think that's dumb, they shoulda left the space for storage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts