VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if any of you lucky guys who received your NA spec cars can share some details, or pictures of the owners manual recommended maintenance schedule and details. I am curious about the intervals and specific items for the R.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
911 Posts
15k km or 1 year between oil changes. I'm still wrapping my head around that as every other car I've had was 5-6k km between oil changes or 6 months. What other intervals are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
15k km or 1 year between oil changes. I'm still wrapping my head around that as every other car I've had was 5-6k km between oil changes or 6 months. What other intervals are you looking for?
This has been a thing for a long time with Vw. My 08 Gti service intervals were 16k km. Once the car got to 100k I did it every 10k since it had stage 2 tunning. Never had an issue.

2018 Alltrack is also the same I believe. 15-16k km or every 12 months. So far 12 months has always come first since it does about 10k a year.

Were you using conventional or synthetic oil in the cars you were changing out oil every 5-6k km?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Hi all, I was wondering if any of you lucky guys who received your NA spec cars can share some details, or pictures of the owners manual recommended maintenance schedule and details. I am curious about the intervals and specific items for the R.

Thanks!

It doesn't look like it's been updated with the 2022 R yet but you look at the 2019 and it'll give you an idea of what the 2022 will most likely be like.

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
911 Posts
This has been a thing for a long time with Vw. My 08 Gti service intervals were 16k km. Once the car got to 100k I did it every 10k since it had stage 2 tunning. Never had an issue.

2018 Alltrack is also the same I believe. 15-16k km or every 12 months. So far 12 months has always come first since it does about 10k a year.

Were you using conventional or synthetic oil in the cars you were changing out oil every 5-6k km?
Always synthetic. A bit of a thing for me since living in SK and AB where cold start and thick oil is really bad for your engine. Now that I'm somewhere warmer, I still stick to synthetic for maximum longevity of the engine.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! The 15k/1 year is similar to my GLI and Mk7 Golf. I was looking for specific fluids (manual transmission/rear diff), spark plugs and any other oddball items.

It doesn't look like it's been updated with the 2022 R yet but you look at the 2019 and it'll give you an idea of what the 2022 will most likely be like.
The engine is a different iteration, different rear diff and a few other things. While one would assume it will be similar, but specifics would be nice.

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
911 Posts
Ok, got out the service manual and here's the recommendations.

• oil change every 15,000 km or every year, which ever comes first.
  • brake fluid every 2 years regardless of mileage
  • AWD clutch fluid change every 3 years (if equipped)
  • front axle diff lock fluid change every 3 years (if equipped)
  • torque splitter (if equipped) should be checked for oil deterioration every 30,000 km
  • check and lubricate sunroof at 60,000km or one year after last service, which ever comes first (if equipped)
  • every 30,000 km or 2 years, check sunroof drains (if equipped) - I do this about once a month during rainy season
  • every 60,000 km or 2 years, replace dust and pollen filter
  • every 60,000 km or 4 years, which ever comes first, replace spark plugs (Arteon, Passat and Golf R only)
  • every 90,000 km or 6 years, which ever comes first, replace air filter element, clean screen and housing
  • every 120,000 km transmission, 7sp DSG change fluid (Jetta GLI, GTI, R)
  • every 120,000 km or 6 years, which ever comes first, replace spark plugs (atlas, atlas cross sport, golf, GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Taos, Tiguan)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do quite low mileage. If I get my car in March sometime it will only be at 8000km by March 2023. I will change the oil then and every March.

All the other things I’ll go by time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got out the service manual and here's the recommendations.

• oil change every 15,000 km or every year, which ever comes first.
  • brake fluid every 2 years regardless of mileage
  • AWD clutch fluid change every 3 years (if equipped)
  • front axle diff lock fluid change every 3 years (if equipped)
  • torque splitter (if equipped) should be checked for oil deterioration every 30,000 km
  • check and lubricate sunroof at 60,000km or one year after last service, which ever comes first (if equipped)
  • every 30,000 km or 2 years, check sunroof drains (if equipped) - I do this about once a month during rainy season
  • every 60,000 km or 2 years, replace dust and pollen filter
  • every 60,000 km or 4 years, which ever comes first, replace spark plugs (Arteon, Passat and Golf R only)
  • every 90,000 km or 6 years, which ever comes first, replace air filter element, clean screen and housing
  • every 120,000 km transmission, 7sp DSG change fluid (Jetta GLI, GTI, R)
  • every 120,000 km or 6 years, which ever comes first, replace spark plugs (atlas, atlas cross sport, golf, GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Taos, Tiguan)
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
That just seems way too large of an interval to me. Not sure I would be comfortable with that even if its within a year.
This has been pretty standard for Vw for a long time now. My 08 Gti oil change interval is 16k km. 18 Alltrack every 15k.

Unless you are beating on the car and driving in extremely harsh conditions this is fine. Oil and engines have evolved quite a bit since the days of 5k km conventional oil changes.

But you are always free to change it out earlier.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This is new?

Only allowed to use the oil specified on the sticker in the engine bay.

From the online owners manual:

Vehicles without an engine oil label

Information regarding the prescribed engine oil standard for your vehicle is provided by an authorized Volkswagen dealer or authorized Volkswagen Service Facility. If you need to top up the engine oil, use that oil. When using the prescribed engine oil, you can adjust the oil level as often as required

If no engine oil that meets the prescribed standard is available, you may, in an emergency, top up the engine oil no more than once before your next standard oil change using no more than 0.5 liters of engine oil that meets the following deviating standards:
  • Gasoline engines: VW 504 00 and ACEA C3 or API SP standard, viscosity 0 W-30.

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
911 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you Canadian guys get a chance to look in the paper manual to see what it says?

The wording is problematic from a Warranty perspective, since it says you must use the sticker oil and 504 00 is emergency oil.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts