VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was wondering if any of you lucky guys who received your NA spec cars can share some details, or pictures of the owners manual recommended maintenance schedule and details. I am curious about the intervals and specific items for the R.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
15k km or 1 year between oil changes. I'm still wrapping my head around that as every other car I've had was 5-6k km between oil changes or 6 months. What other intervals are you looking for?
Thanks! The 15k/1 year is similar to my GLI and Mk7 Golf. I was looking for specific fluids (manual transmission/rear diff), spark plugs and any other oddball items.

It doesn't look like it's been updated with the 2022 R yet but you look at the 2019 and it'll give you an idea of what the 2022 will most likely be like.
The engine is a different iteration, different rear diff and a few other things. While one would assume it will be similar, but specifics would be nice.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, got out the service manual and here's the recommendations.

• oil change every 15,000 km or every year, which ever comes first.
  • brake fluid every 2 years regardless of mileage
  • AWD clutch fluid change every 3 years (if equipped)
  • front axle diff lock fluid change every 3 years (if equipped)
  • torque splitter (if equipped) should be checked for oil deterioration every 30,000 km
  • check and lubricate sunroof at 60,000km or one year after last service, which ever comes first (if equipped)
  • every 30,000 km or 2 years, check sunroof drains (if equipped) - I do this about once a month during rainy season
  • every 60,000 km or 2 years, replace dust and pollen filter
  • every 60,000 km or 4 years, which ever comes first, replace spark plugs (Arteon, Passat and Golf R only)
  • every 90,000 km or 6 years, which ever comes first, replace air filter element, clean screen and housing
  • every 120,000 km transmission, 7sp DSG change fluid (Jetta GLI, GTI, R)
  • every 120,000 km or 6 years, which ever comes first, replace spark plugs (atlas, atlas cross sport, golf, GTI, Jetta, Jetta GLI, Taos, Tiguan)
Thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts