VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... Ive got something really messed up going on
My check engine light has been on for some time. I had a friend with a VAG COM check it out and there were like 5 faults thrown. I dont have them yet as I am waiting on him to send them to me.
In any case, here's the problem. It seems like after 5 minutes of driving anywhere, at any speed, my EPC and Traction Control lights come on. Until today, the EPC light would normally go off after a while and when it does, I do feel a slight increase in power, but the traction control light would stay on. Pressing the ASR button doesn't do a thing, too.
Also, my car's idle has been a little erratic. Sometimes when starting my car, it will rev up as it starting like normal, but as the RPMs are dropping they will drop past the idle point and instead of the engine rebounding and normalizing the RPMs, it will sometimes completely drop off and the car stalls out. Other times, and this has only happened once so far, the RPMs will "normalize", but instead of being stable at 600rpm, they will bounce like 200 RPMs.
In all... im totally confused. All this has only happened once before I went to a friend to have it scanned with a VAG COM. I am not saying he messed anything up, but he did clear all my codes for me so maybe it allowed my call to fully fault or something? Hell if I know.
I am going to be buying a new MAF and a Coolant Temp Sensor this week so hopefully either or both of those will solve my issues. Comments and help is greatly appreciated... pray for my dub... she's sick

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Major Malfunction! (alpha_omega)

Another question I had was if the VW part number is the same for both the 2.0 MAF and the VR6 MAF. I only need the sensor, not the housing...

Modified by alpha_omega at 7:40 PM 5-12-2007

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (notfarfrompuken)

well... when my friend and I were looking at the codes, there were 2 from the system being lean, 1 from being too rich, one was an implausible fault, and another I can't remember off hand

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (alpha_omega)

So I drove home tonight... when I started driving, the car was very unresponsive, a little hesitant... no power... eventually it stopped doing that and was running "okay" though the EPC, CEL, and Traction lights were on.
My questions i NEED answered are this: is the 2.0 MAF sensor's VW number the same as the VR6 MAF sensor VW number? I need to know because I don't wanna be skimping out on my car.
Also, out of curiosity, why does the traction light come on with the MAF problem???

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Re: Major Malfunction! (alpha_omega)

Quote, originally posted by alpha_omega »
okay... all i need to know is if the VW Part number for the 2.0 MAF is the same as the VR6 MAF so i can get it ordered asap

everyone recommends to buy the 2.0 maf, it requires some slight modding tho i think, do a search, shouldnt be hard to find

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Major Malfunction! (sterkrazzy)

Okay... ive been thinking about it and asking a few people and no answers thus far...
why is my traction control light coming on? it makes no logical sense why it would even come on...

Oh, and here's the VAGCOM scan we did on friday:
Friday,11,May,2007,21:07:32
VAG-COM Version: Release 607.3-UD
Control Module Part Number: 021 906 018 S
Component and/or Version: MOTRONIC ME7.1 G 0003
Software Coding: 00033
Work Shop Code: WSC 00066
5 Faults Found:
17560 - Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air; Bank 1; Range 2: System too Lean
P1152 - 35-00 - -
17560 - Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air; Bank 1; Range 2: System too Lean
P1152 - 35-00 - -
17573 - Long Term Fuel Trim Additive Air; Bank 1; Range 1: System too Rich
P1165 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17550 - Load Calculation Cross Check: Lower Limit Exceeded
P1142 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16485 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Implausible Signal
P0101 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.