1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: (Deutscher_Wagen)

Quote, originally posted by Deutscher_Wagen »
why? do you like getting pulled over?

Explain to me how you get pulled over for that.
There are plenty of vehicles that have the rear brake light flash when the brakes a pressed. To me it draws attention to the fact that the person in front of you is stopping. Personally I think it adds a touch of safety...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Re: (curraheevw)

Quote, originally posted by curraheevw »

Explain to me how you get pulled over for that.
There are plenty of vehicles that have the rear brake light flash when the brakes a pressed. To me it draws attention to the fact that the person in front of you is stopping. Personally I think it adds a touch of safety...

I hate it. It is annoying like hell. Now if it had helped avoiding the rear end collision on my car today, well then maybe I am for it. But somehow I doubt it would have.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I just tap the brakes. All three lights flash.

In these cars, it doesn't take much pressure on the brake pedal to power the brake lamps. You can get a brake light without even really applying the brakes.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (CrssEyedNSmilin)

Quote, originally posted by CrssEyedNSmilin »
Ive never seen this feature on a vehicle... and if I did see some red flashing lights... I would think "cops! ahhh!!"

I think that's probably one of the issues that most cities and states have with it- the fact that emergency vehicles have flashing red lights.
Believe me, they take their "flashing lights" seriously. I learned this back in my darker days with a Honda and some blue lights, used sparingly.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (TREGinginCO)

I've seen it on motorcycles (definitely needed). I've also seen it on Buick's and American pick-ups with a bed cab-cover thing (not needed). My Dad's Dodge Dakota has one. It flashes whenever braking and signaling right and just braking, but not when signaling left, for some reason. Annoying as crap, IMO. Keep it on the Domestics... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: Make the 3rd brake light flash??? (curraheevw)

Quote, originally posted by curraheevw »
Is it possible to using the VAG-COM software to make the 3rd brake light flash when the brakes are applied??

Good Grief!

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Re: Make the 3rd brake light flash??? (Tim Birney)

Quote, originally posted by Tim Birney »

Good Grief!

I had to chuckle for a second.
Personally if I'd have the 3rd brake light come on using a toggle switch, Hit the switch when someone is riding my ass and have it say "F*ck off!!"

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (svander)

Quote, originally posted by svander »
Just get LED tails with rear fog and flick the switch rapidly

Right Arm!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Re: Re: (villalobos)

Quote, originally posted by villalobos »

I hate it. It is annoying like hell. Now if it had helped avoiding the rear end collision on my car today, well then maybe I am for it. But somehow I doubt it would have.

it's been proven that humans react quicker to a flashing light then a steady, constant light.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.