VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm sure you'll have seen this before looking at this link, but I just wanted to document this so that it lasts longer than the couch.

Sometimes TCL can have the meanest, most senseless people, but to honor a normal guy like this is something to be proud of.

I hope you all can agree because I bet every single one of you would wish TCL did this for you when you pass on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just noticed the 'couch' up there... :thumbup:

People might not always see eye to eye in the daily grind of TCL but its nice to see so many can actually band together and pay their respects like real people! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Great community here. Best automotive fan site on the web. :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,466 Posts
It certainly is an interesting dynamic.

It actually reminds me of my real life family. I'm annoyed at my sister because of some life choices she's made, my brother gets pissed at me for some things (for good reason too) and Mamaw makes us all mad with some of the crap she says, but we laugh together, we cry together and we share life together. And no matter how mad or pissed off we get, at the end of the day, we end up at the table together and in some way shape or form enjoy each other's company and find comfort in the weird group of people that somehow we've ended up as.

Chris

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Edited to accept an apology. This whole site (I am in fact a vortex user) is the only place I feel I can trust buying from someone I don't know on the internet. It's the camaraderie of car enthusiasts of all kinds that does wonders.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Wow I just noticed the couch. Great touch though :thumbup:

Even though we're all constantly arguing on here and constantly debating, at the end of the day there's still that mutual respect among one another.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Great community here. Best automotive fan site on the web. :thumbup:
Absolutely the truth.

It's like a disfunctional family that has just enough normalcy to keep us together:p

I love checking TCL on a daily basis. It's always entertaining.

And the couch is an extremely nice touch.:beer:

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,708 Posts
:thumbup: Very cool.

I have certainly had my moments in here with some posters, but this is a good reminder at the end of the day that we all have feelings, we all have people that care for us and people we care for.

We all laugh, cry, get mad etc... With most people on here there truly is only six degrees of separation.

Too bad it took the passing of one of the regulars to make me really think about it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
:thumbup: Very cool.

I have certainly had my moments in here with some posters, but this is a good reminder at the end of the day that we all have feelings, we all have people that care for us and people we care for.

We all laugh, cry, get mad etc... With most people on here there truly is only six degrees of separation.

Too bad it took the passing of one of the regulars to make me really think about it.
i look at it this way:

most of us (i think, if i'm wrong, correct me) come here for the interesting information and good fun. but sometimes we are tired or just in a bad mood and then the bickering starts and the threads come to an 18 page end. but we still come back and we still enjoy this forum.

·
Get Off My Lawn!!!
29,544 Posts
Brushing aside everything else, the fact is that the Car Lounge is a remarkable place on the internet, and has been for many years now.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,864 Posts
i look at it this way:

most of us (i think, if i'm wrong, correct me) come here for the interesting information and good fun. but sometimes we are tired or just in a bad mood and then the bickering starts and the threads come to an 18 page end. but we still come back and we still enjoy this forum.
I'd be inclined to agree. As annoyed as I get with some people here, it's nothing having a few beers in person wouldn't cure.

TCL has some redeeming qualities aside from the car banter, and the outpouring of respect for Cosmic has been something that I'm excited to see. :beer::thumbup:

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Brushing aside everything else, the fact is that the Car Lounge is a remarkable place on the internet, and has been for many years now.
:thumbup:

It's one of the few places where I can say I know some people who I completely trust, yet have never met.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts