VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the logs of malta1.8t timing has gone better by 5 degrees than the previous logs, timing retard look ok but could be better with some software tweeking.
I'm guessing 240whp with the maf readings I'm looking at.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: (malta18T)

This week i changed temp sensor and I think that changed all !!!!!! The old temp sensor I logged with last time I think it wasent working well, reason is that car was all rich over 3500 rpm with 4 bar FPR and 3 bar FPR, no change in AFR when changing pressure so I kept 3 bar on there as car was drivable more than the 4 bar ! Went agian this evening, changed fuel from race fuel which logged today and back in local pump gas ! AFR kept being the same !!!! 14 - 13 till
redline !!! Went back to the garage put the 4 bar FPR and then I was
going 12 AFR till reline + Car was much more powerfull than this morning !!! couldnt see well all AFR but that is how it worked !!!
So I am assuming that the old temp sensor was faulty ?? and was riching the car all the time ???
What you people think ??Please help me
As soon as I will install FMIC I will log everything on the dyno

·
Registered
346 Posts
i used ELF unleaded 102 octane, but as I said I was running a 3 bar FPR and car was running lean !!!
Put in 4 bar FPR and A/F is much better but I finshed the race fuel and put in pump gas agian. I think the temp sensor screwed up everything for me !!!
I will re log when ATP FMIC is on , I will log all on the dyno with pump gas and race gas + bhp also , they those will be the final logs that will go to jabba to re tune my software

·
Registered
256 Posts
My results from last week

I plotted something similar last week (the red line is logged MAF flow) and this is what I got. My mods are as follows:
2000 1.8T (AGU)
AMD chip
Forge SMIC
N75C for this run
Samco TIH
Milltek 3"dp, 2.5" cat back
My injector timing is maxed out at 16.32 from 2160 rpm and my logged flow rates are similar to Malta's logged flow rates over the same rev range. I can't make sense of this data. Surely his flow rates should be much higher?? Does my injector data mean that I might be running lean??? Comments please.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Did you also log temperatures at the same time? I was recording 82.5 deg C for the coolant temperature throughout that run. Inlet temp went from 42 degC to 57 deg C and the ambient temp was 30 degC. My logs don't show massive fluctuations for coolant temp. At the end of testing though the temp was up to 91.5 degC. Just wondering whether comparisons with logs from other cars would give an indication of whether your sensor was faulty.

Modified by Pope1 at 8:55 PM 10-10-2004

·
Registered
346 Posts
didnt know if was or not, just changed it and then found differences
With old temp sensor with 3 bar and 4 bar FPR A/F was 10.8:1 till redline with both, no change at all, with new sensor with 3 bar was 13.5 A/F and with the 4 bar its 12 A/F
understand .??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: (malta18T)

Yes, I'm with you on that. It's just with these things I like to try and be sure that the thing I've changed really is the cause of the problem and not something else that crops up now and again. For myself, I might do some more logging just to be sure especially since your next step presumably is to get Jabba to change the software to lean it out. You'll just have to keep monitoring that AF ratio for a while to make sure you don't go too lean.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Pope1)

Quote, originally posted by Pope1 »
Slightly off-topic, how are you measuring actual MAF flow as opposed to logged MAF flow?

Malta is running 2.75" ID maf housing so the MAF element will read lower numbers, so I'm following the logic air flow vs. maf housing internal diameter:

So for the VR6 maf housing I multiply VAG-COM logged air flow by 1.27 to get real maf readings.
Tha's why you get similar maf flow numbers...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.