VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the logs of malta1.8t timing has gone better by 5 degrees than the previous logs, timing retard look ok but could be better with some software tweeking.
I'm guessing 240whp with the maf readings I'm looking at.

· Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Pope1)

Quote, originally posted by Pope1 »
Slightly off-topic, how are you measuring actual MAF flow as opposed to logged MAF flow?

Malta is running 2.75" ID maf housing so the MAF element will read lower numbers, so I'm following the logic air flow vs. maf housing internal diameter:

So for the VR6 maf housing I multiply VAG-COM logged air flow by 1.27 to get real maf readings.
Tha's why you get similar maf flow numbers...

· Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: My results from last week (Pope1)

Does my injector data mean that I might be running lean???

The data means your maxing out the inyectors and that's ok, I don't think you're running lean with just a chip, you will need a bigger turbo to run lean.
But if you're still concerned, go to a dyno shop and tell them to use a wideband sniffer

· Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Re: (Pope1)

27psiboom - any chance you could send me that data file please? Would like to plot the MAF flows for both cars on one graph. Thanks.

IM me your e-mail address

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.