VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Re: (malta18T)

This week i changed temp sensor and I think that changed all !!!!!! The old temp sensor I logged with last time I think it wasent working well, reason is that car was all rich over 3500 rpm with 4 bar FPR and 3 bar FPR, no change in AFR when changing pressure so I kept 3 bar on there as car was drivable more than the 4 bar ! Went agian this evening, changed fuel from race fuel which logged today and back in local pump gas ! AFR kept being the same !!!! 14 - 13 till
redline !!! Went back to the garage put the 4 bar FPR and then I was
going 12 AFR till reline + Car was much more powerfull than this morning !!! couldnt see well all AFR but that is how it worked !!!
So I am assuming that the old temp sensor was faulty ?? and was riching the car all the time ???
What you people think ??Please help me
As soon as I will install FMIC I will log everything on the dyno

· Registered
346 Posts
i used ELF unleaded 102 octane, but as I said I was running a 3 bar FPR and car was running lean !!!
Put in 4 bar FPR and A/F is much better but I finshed the race fuel and put in pump gas agian. I think the temp sensor screwed up everything for me !!!
I will re log when ATP FMIC is on , I will log all on the dyno with pump gas and race gas + bhp also , they those will be the final logs that will go to jabba to re tune my software

· Registered
346 Posts
just at top - 5000rpm +
That why I am thinking I had a faulty temp sensor as with 3 bar before I was also rich !!! now changed it and a whole different story, any 1.8T pro can check this out and give opinion ???

· Registered
346 Posts
didnt know if was or not, just changed it and then found differences
With old temp sensor with 3 bar and 4 bar FPR A/F was 10.8:1 till redline with both, no change at all, with new sensor with 3 bar was 13.5 A/F and with the 4 bar its 12 A/F
understand .??

· Registered
346 Posts
speedyG
but before with the 3 bar FPR was running 10.8 A/F, changed temp sensor and went up to 13.5 A/F, thats why i say temp sensor was reading badly, yes its race fuel done by ELF , its the same fuel they use in WRC !! infact its super expensive !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.