VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
My results from last week

I plotted something similar last week (the red line is logged MAF flow) and this is what I got. My mods are as follows:
2000 1.8T (AGU)
AMD chip
Forge SMIC
N75C for this run
Samco TIH
Milltek 3"dp, 2.5" cat back
My injector timing is maxed out at 16.32 from 2160 rpm and my logged flow rates are similar to Malta's logged flow rates over the same rev range. I can't make sense of this data. Surely his flow rates should be much higher?? Does my injector data mean that I might be running lean??? Comments please.

· Registered
256 Posts
Did you also log temperatures at the same time? I was recording 82.5 deg C for the coolant temperature throughout that run. Inlet temp went from 42 degC to 57 deg C and the ambient temp was 30 degC. My logs don't show massive fluctuations for coolant temp. At the end of testing though the temp was up to 91.5 degC. Just wondering whether comparisons with logs from other cars would give an indication of whether your sensor was faulty.

Modified by Pope1 at 8:55 PM 10-10-2004

· Registered
256 Posts
Re: (malta18T)

Yes, I'm with you on that. It's just with these things I like to try and be sure that the thing I've changed really is the cause of the problem and not something else that crops up now and again. For myself, I might do some more logging just to be sure especially since your next step presumably is to get Jabba to change the software to lean it out. You'll just have to keep monitoring that AF ratio for a while to make sure you don't go too lean.

· Registered
256 Posts
Re: My results from last week (27psiBoom)

Quote, originally posted by 27psiBoom »

The data means your maxing out the inyectors and that's ok, I don't think you're running lean with just a chip, you will need a bigger turbo to run lean.
But if you're still concerned, go to a dyno shop and tell them to use a wideband sniffer

There're not too many of those in Barbados. In fact I've yet to find one. What about using vag-com to look at lambda data? I've got some data from block 007 but I don't know how to interpret it (see http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1622819). Is that likely to tell me anything? Not trying to jack this thread so if anyone's got any answers maybe they can post them to the other one. Thanks.

· Registered
256 Posts
Many thanks SpeedyG. I did wonder whether 0.5V equated to mixture of 14:1 as I believe the sensor output voltage is between 0 and 1 Volt.
I'm running 0.85 for the time that corresponded to the plot I showed, obviously WOT.

Modified by Pope1 at 4:16 PM 10-11-2004

· Registered
256 Posts
Re: (Speedy G)

Quote, originally posted by Speedy G »
You won't get .5V constant though. When you're at 14.5:1 the voltage switches back and forth between something like .7 and .3 V.
Speedy G

Got it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.