VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: My results from last week (Pope1)

Quote, originally posted by Pope1 »
Does my injector data mean that I might be running lean???

The data means your maxing out the inyectors and that's ok, I don't think you're running lean with just a chip, you will need a bigger turbo to run lean.
But if you're still concerned, go to a dyno shop and tell them to use a wideband sniffer

· Registered
2,674 Posts
Re: (malta18T)

I think he was referring to Pope's question.
As far as the logs, if you were running 13.5:1 with a 3 bar, I think that's the reason for those timing retards. I wouldn't worry about much really, just run the 4 bar, which the kit was intended to do and relog. Something else, since you're in Malta, I bet that's 102 RON octane which I'm guessing it's like 96 octane in the US. 98 RON Euro fuel is like 93/94 US. 102 RON is not really race fuel per say.
Speedy G

· Registered
346 Posts
speedyG
but before with the 3 bar FPR was running 10.8 A/F, changed temp sensor and went up to 13.5 A/F, thats why i say temp sensor was reading badly, yes its race fuel done by ELF , its the same fuel they use in WRC !! infact its super expensive !!

· Registered
256 Posts
Re: My results from last week (27psiBoom)

Quote, originally posted by 27psiBoom »

The data means your maxing out the inyectors and that's ok, I don't think you're running lean with just a chip, you will need a bigger turbo to run lean.
But if you're still concerned, go to a dyno shop and tell them to use a wideband sniffer

There're not too many of those in Barbados. In fact I've yet to find one. What about using vag-com to look at lambda data? I've got some data from block 007 but I don't know how to interpret it (see http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1622819). Is that likely to tell me anything? Not trying to jack this thread so if anyone's got any answers maybe they can post them to the other one. Thanks.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
Re: (27psiBoom)

Quote, originally posted by 27psiBoom »
Malta is running 2.75" ID maf housing so the MAF element will read lower numbers, so I'm following the logic air flow vs. maf housing internal diameter:

So for the VR6 maf housing I multiply VAG-COM logged air flow by 1.27 to get real maf readings.
Tha's why you get similar maf flow numbers...

This is cool....I have had an execl spread sheet to figure this out for about a year now. I was wondering if anyone else had ever done this, or if my sheet was accurate.

· Registered
2,674 Posts
Re: (nerdhotrod)

Quote, originally posted by nerdhotrod »

This is cool....I have had an execl spread sheet to figure this out for about a year now. I was wondering if anyone else had ever done this, or if my sheet was accurate.

I have a more extensive one, but I think you may know it:
http://www.toxictimes.com:8080...r.xls
It's based on the A/F spreadsheet that was around a while ago. I couldn't get accurate readings with that spreadsheet, so I just use the block 7 O2 voltage readings.
Pope, if you have an AGU engine, a proper A/F graph will look something like this:
http://www.toxictimes.com:8080...M.htm
More than .9V and you're running rich. If you're below .5V or if the voltage fluctuates from .3 to .8V while you're under boost, you're running lean. With stock stuff and a chip, you won't go lean, unless you start to fiddle with stuff and don't know what you're doing. Also, for motronic 3 ECUs it's quite normal to see 16.32ms injection time above 3800RPM with a chip. I saw 16.32ms from 3800 all the way to 6000 with a stock turbo and fueling.
Speedy G

Modified by Speedy G at 1:15 PM 10-11-2004

· Registered
256 Posts
Many thanks SpeedyG. I did wonder whether 0.5V equated to mixture of 14:1 as I believe the sensor output voltage is between 0 and 1 Volt.
I'm running 0.85 for the time that corresponded to the plot I showed, obviously WOT.

Modified by Pope1 at 4:16 PM 10-11-2004

· Registered
256 Posts
Re: (Speedy G)

Quote, originally posted by Speedy G »
You won't get .5V constant though. When you're at 14.5:1 the voltage switches back and forth between something like .7 and .3 V.
Speedy G

Got it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Re: (Pope1)

Quote, originally posted by Pope1 »
27psiboom - any chance you could send me that data file please? Would like to plot the MAF flows for both cars on one graph. Thanks.

IM me your e-mail address

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.