VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i get my a2 vr running at like 3 am. So i am letting it idle to warm up so i can see if the fans and everything comes on. While it was sitting getting warm all of a sudden it makes a bunch of noise and dies.
Well here is why i have JE forged pistons, mk4 head gasket 268 cams and a rebuilt head that was decked too far. When things got warm it bent three valves and broke the cam gear key way on the front cam.
Here are the pics

Fully assembled

Front end shot

Broken motor not

Now i have a second question
So i have a new head that was going on my corrado but i am going to put it on this.
With these mods what kind of 1/4 mile times can i expect
cch head
268 cams
2.9 TB and intake manifold
Je pistons
tt 2.5 SS borla exhaust
Short shift
lightened underdrive pullies
No ps
no ac
lightened flywheel
kent six puck rigid clutch
act pressure plate
quaife

Modified by SLC4ME at 5:19 PM 11-12-2004

· Registered
9,958 Posts
Re: Man i am frustrated (SLC4ME)

verry frustrating indeed that SUX

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Re: Man i am frustrated (Toffeerado)

Man i'm a week or two out from finishing my swap. I'd be pissed if the thing blew up.
With those mods its gonna be fast. Just gonna have to rip down the strip and find out.

· Registered
13,060 Posts
Ouch, but on the bright side your car is ****ing hot! If I could post a pic of mine I would to make you feel much better!

· Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Man i am frustrated (Sparknock)

Quote, originally posted by Sparknock »
that looks fun. what did your swap cost you?

Not a whole lot since most of the money i make on selllling swaps

· Registered
10,758 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SLC4ME »
Not a whole lot since most of the money i make on selllling swaps

It's more of the effort involved in putting a motor in, and then taking it back out. The first vr swap we did (it was a built 2.9), the guy drove it for a few weeks, and then the chain guides started making noise. So we pulled off the tranny and changed them (much easier to do with the motor out of the car). Then, he changed his oil but apparently didn't get the filter cap on correctly. The oil buzzer went off, he ignored it, and drove on. Motor stopped. Motor came out, another motor went in.
The last vr swap we did ended up with the owner try to use it as a whisper-chipper by plowing directly into a tree. I'd post the link to the thread, but I'm not going to jack buddy's thread.
Suffice to say, that is the risk you take with doing these swaps. Good luck, and I think those mods should put you in the low 14s easily.

· Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Man i am frustrated (wagenbob)

Quote, originally posted by wagenbob »

It's more of the effort involved in putting a motor in, and then taking it back out. The first vr swap we did (it was a built 2.9), the guy drove it for a few weeks, and then the chain guides started making noise. So we pulled off the tranny and changed them (much easier to do with the motor out of the car). Then, he changed his oil but apparently didn't get the filter cap on correctly. The oil buzzer went off, he ignored it, and drove on. Motor stopped. Motor came out, another motor went in.
The last vr swap we did ended up with the owner try to use it as a whisper-chipper by plowing directly into a tree. I'd post the link to the thread, but I'm not going to jack buddy's thread.
Suffice to say, that is the risk you take with doing these swaps. Good luck, and I think those mods should put you in the low 14s easily.

Yeah the effort wasnt bad it was pretty easy since it was a corrado swap car

· Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Man i am frustrated (sixteenvalve)

Quote, originally posted by sixteenvalve »
Hope you getting running again Nick! Is this the same car that your sister or someone was driving? If so, I always would mistake it as my girlfriends.

Yeah it is the same one. I allways think your girlfriends car is my gti too! Hey are the doors that she has on her car theones that used to be on the grey car that was josh's/mine?

· Registered
4,732 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SLC4ME »
Yeah it is the same one. I allways think your girlfriends car is my gti too! Hey are the doors that she has on her car theones that used to be on the grey car that was josh's/mine?

No, They are the original doors on her car. It is painted pearl white.

· Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Man i am frustrated (sixteenvalve)

She is the car with the audi handles right? It is really oging to throw you off when i get the doors thati have finished in the shop waiting to go on it. Audi 80 handles and the car is going to be painted acura diamond pearl white. But i have soe wide ipped rms also whenever i get them back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.