VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from the college one day and some jag off in a little honda accord was trying to pass me when the lane was ending. he beeped at me and well naturaly i didnt want an accident so i locked up the breaks before he hit the curb.... i know im a nice guy. then he gets in front of me and slams on the breaks before he hits a guy changing a lane in front of him. all this sudden stoping made my engine rip off my trans mount because i have a crappy front motor mount. i herd a large snaping noise and my engine light came on the car died at the stop light and guess who was next to me.... the guy in the honda. i started telling him off as i was opening the hood and he said i should have slowed down for him to get in front of me. he passed me up just to turn at the light. he could have wated 200 yards and stayed behind me. well the reason for the car dying was that my intake hose was ripped off. luckily i had a clamp so i put it back on and went home.
my engine has a mad downward lean to the right now and every time i turn everything scrapes my wheel weld on the right??? my car hardly goes into first cous the linkage is whats holding the trans up and its being pulled in every direction. so now the car is just useless. i was going to replace that front mount that same day too.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: Managed to make the jetta useless = / (GrkDubber88)

f**k'n rice drivers
get it fixed dude don't let that ******* get you and your ride down.. you gotta find'm and take care if bussiness!

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Managed to make the jetta useless = / (demonmk2)

actually this was going to be my project vr6 swap untill i crashed my 2002 jetta so now all money i make and get from selling this jetta is going towards the 02. im in a state of dubbed depression.
every time i try a new project or when somthing goes good 20 things go bad. i seriously have the worst luck with cars. my 02 i got a flat fishtailed on a slick 4 way intersection tried to pull it back on the road but it drifted right into the curb creating 7000 bucks in suspension damage no body damage but i came close to a light pole and an electrical box.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: Managed to make the jetta useless = / (GrkDubber88)

everybody goes through bad times man, don't give up! just by some autozone mounts or somthing ,there not expensive... if you don't try you might regret it besides how much could you get for it if you sold it and would it make a diff.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Managed to make the jetta useless = / (demonmk2)

well i live in the city and u cant park ur car on the street at night so we have 3 jettas now and a passat... i bought the car for 700 and put alot of work into it all done by me and theres so many extras that make the car worth selling to someone who has the money right now for the project. besides i have 2 cars at age 18... thats a big responsibility.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (demonmk2)

buying that jetta helped me learn alot more about vws and alot about the mk2s im glad i bought it but now im in a hole cous i cant get rid of it. if it wasnt for the trans mount being cracked off i would fix the front mount and keep the car over the winter but to change the trans mount u gotta take everything apart under there and i dont have a lift or anything really. i honestly dont know how people ave funds for these amazing projects. mine was with full body work restoration and interior work and restoration new motor and trans from a vr6 would have cost me well over 10,000 bucks easily. ill end up getting a corrado vr6 or another gti maybe an mk2 gti. wel see.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (3dubssofar)

college officialy sucks if you dont have money.... but thats also the fun part of it i guess. living balling on a budget and still find ways to put pep boys muffler tips on ur honda and plastic spinners from walmart on ur moms mini van...
damn dubs have to be so difficult. but i love em and stand by em. il be on my 5th by next summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.