VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to take off the manifold/head whatever to polish it how hard is this to do and also what the heck are those bolts that are shaped like a 10 or pointed star called???? they hold on some parts of the manifold and also the plastic piece that says vw vr6 blah blah thanks dudes http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: manifold question (Pavement)

Those bolts use a tool called a 12 point serrated tool. I believe it is a 6mm. You can get them at your local Napa store. All you need to do is remove the manifold from the lower manifold. You will know what I am talking about when you look at it. The lower manifold holds the injectors. I polished mine and used a DA to sand it down to 100 grit starting with 600 grit. I then used a polishing pad on the grinder and some white dimond polish. Looks great. You can get this stuff at a paint supply store that sells product for auto refinishing. You also must remove the 17mm bolt that holds the front motor mount. It will make it easier to get the allen bolts loose at the front of the manifold.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: manifold question (NATASVR6)

I mean 1000 grit on the paper not 100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts