VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually cant get my car to start cold without tapping the gas pedal , the manual states not to do this, any reason why? does the extra air make more compression for the starter to turn?

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Re: Manual says not to apply throttle while starting.... hmm i must be a bad bad man (vokalwagen87)

Maybe this apply to when the car is new and if u live in the sahara...I dunno about Fuel Injected cars...but on carb cars too much throttle can lead to fuels flooding

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: Manual says not to apply throttle while starting.... hmm i must be a bad bad man (vokalwagen87)

Digi fuel inj. will flood if you apply throttle (if it is properly tuned). CIS and Motronic (16v) don't seem to flood as easily.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Re: Manual says not to apply throttle while starting.... hmm i must be a bad bad man (SimonH)

The only thing I can think of is that your engine will rev too high while the oil is not in the whole engine yet. Thats when the lifters click like SOB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.