VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am just wondering about upgrading my 2001 S4. I have looked at million different chips, downpipes,exhausts and many other upgrades. What would be the best one for my car and performance, and what part of my manufactorers warranty will be voided???? Is it worth of doing it????
Please advise.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Re: MANUFACTORERS WARRANTY (RussianS4Rocket)

Where do you service your Audi? I bought mine and get it serviced at Champion in Pompano. They had an S4 racing team so they know what these cars can do. In fact they have a custom made cat-back exhaust that they install for $1000. They won't install chips, but I think they have a lenient warranty policy. All the same, I got an extra ecu with my Abt chip. What upgrades are desirable is entirely subjective. Even though I like my Borla exhaust, I could have done entirely without it. To me only a chip is necessary.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: MANUFACTORERS WARRANTY (S4inSoFla)

extra ecu is the safest way to go. You don't need a vagcom since your car has no immobilizer, but its always a good idea to clear out the various low voltage codes that throw if you disconnect the battery during ecu swaps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: MANUFACTORERS WARRANTY (S4inSoFla)

Thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate it. That's where I service my car so I will ask around. But I guess I will have to get the whole board with a chip, so when I take the car for service I will just take it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts