VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after selling my Mk2 Jetta a couple months back, I guess it didnt take long to get back into a VW. I actually wasnt going to have a car for a while, since I have to use mass transit to get to work anyway (parking is cost-prohibitive in Portland.)
Anyway, I came across this gem last week on Autotrader.com! I have been looking for a 4-door 1.8T for a LOOONNNGG time! I couldnt pass it up!
Got it for $9995, its a fully loaded GLS 5spd, and only has 46k miles!
Lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Re: Many VWs in the past, but New to the Mk IV world! My sweet new ride... (jdcope)

looks real good man, time to start modding. Id probably start with coilovers, then black wheels, then tint. Then just do whatever looks good to you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Many VWs in the past, but New to the Mk IV world! My sweet new ride... (xile18t)

Quote, originally posted by xile18t »
looks real good man, time to start modding. Id probably start with coilovers, then black wheels, then tint. Then just do whatever looks good to you.

Thanks. I really like this car. Not sure when the modding will start, but its surely time to get the list started! For wheels I like the TT wheels, or maybe RS4 replicas. And I definitely need to make some suspension changes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (IchBinDarren)

Quote, originally posted by IchBinDarren »
that car is super clean! perfect color for portland too, i love it there. enjoy the new ride.

You should see the engine bay! I am going to take some pics of that tomorrow! You could eat off it!
This car looks and drive brand-new! And my son is beside himself (he's 16)...he thinks Im gonna share!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Many VWs in the past, but New to the Mk IV world! My sweet new ride... (shawshank2)

Quote, originally posted by shawshank2 »
mmmm 4dr 1.8t
post up some of the past vws

Here is my old Mk2, its the only one I have a digital pic of. I would need to dig up pictures of my other cars and scan them. Most were aircooled.
I never have done much modding to my watercooled VWs. About all I did to the Jetta was wheels and a TT cat-back exhaust.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Re: (Cru_Jones)

Actually Jon, I was going to mention Aristos as well.... check the following pic out.... I have these exact wheels for sale right now (just picked up the car last week).... give you a good friend discount

BTW - Very nice purchase man, looks to be super clean.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Re: Many VWs in the past, but New to the Mk IV world! My sweet new ride... (jdcope)

4 door 1.8t's ftw http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
here's mine so far....

Modified by UberDub18t at 8:37 AM 5-13-2007

·
Registered
622 Posts
Re: Many VWs in the past, but New to the Mk IV world! My sweet new ride... (Rob 2)

I found a great deal on a 1.8T golf, which i wanted forever too...it's indigo, and i like it, but that color green was what i always wanted.
to you for the new ride (and my jealousy at your color and lower miles)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (beetlevdubn)

Quote, originally posted by beetlevdubn »
Actually Jon, I was going to mention Aristos as well.... check the following pic out.... I have these exact wheels for sale right now (just picked up the car last week).... give you a good friend discount

BTW - Very nice purchase man, looks to be super clean.

Nice R! You keeping this one?
As for the wheels, thanks for the offer, but Im not really into black wheels.
And I think the first thing I need to save up for is getting it lower.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.