VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys and Gals,

don't know if someone remembers me from the Golf 7 R section of the forum. Or the TT MKII section.
My name is Markus, I am living in a small town near Düssldorf (or Cologne) in Germany and since lots
of years I like to take VAG cars to the Nordschleife.

After having done this with a 2014 Golf 7 R from 2014 - 2016

Track: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6947892-Maodys-Golf-VII-R-on-Nordschleife

and a 2013 Audi TT-RS 8J from 2017 - 2020

Build: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8510562-Maodys-TT-RS
Track: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...T-RS-on-Nordschleife-(and-maybe-other-tracks)

I just purchased a 2019 Golf 7.5 GTi TCR (one model that didn't make it to the US afaik, I hope I am
welcome here nonetheless ;) ) and change it into a tracktool.

This is how it looked when I just got it from the dealership:

Reactions: karvanet

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After having taken it from the dealership I wanted to check the abilities of the car (especially on track)
in full stock conditions. And so I booked a 2 day trackday on Nordschleife, 60 % guided driving in groups
led by pros and 40 % free driving wirh open pitlane. And what shall I say? It worked not that bad...

1 lap guided driving (BtG):

1 lap free driving (Full Course):

Reactions: karvanet

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After the trackday I left the car at The Ring in a special motorsports garage (Raeder Motorsports -
they are real Ring Experts) and the build began. Changes/Mods:

1. KW Clubsport 3-way Coil Kit
2. H & R stabilizators
3. ProTrack One rim 9.0 x 18''
4. Dunlod Direzza 03G tires 245/40/18
5. Recaro SPG XL seats
6. Schroth Profi II belts
7. Wiechers Clubsport rollbar
8. Brake Upgrade w/ stainless lines and Endless MA46b pads

The guys from Raeder Motorsports did the following pics in front of their garage:

Reactions: karvanet and Schumo

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And the missing details are here, some sh***y smartphone pics I took myself after having
seen the built car:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the car stands in my garage at home and waits for his first modified drive on The Ring.
Maybe Sunday 4th October will be the day. I will bring vids with me. Promised! :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My instructor at the last Trackday on The Ring (more above) sent me a vid of my car he filmed while I was
leading the group. So I did 2 PiP Videos of that lap. The frist one with my onboard as the main film and the
instructors view inserted as a small picture. Second one inverted. Both layouts got something but I like the
2nd one more cause you see more of the work ma full stock car had to do. And you see the 4 black stripes
on the tarmac the car leaves in every fast curve... ;)

No 1: (Main Vid my Onboard)

No 2: (Main vid instructors Onboard)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next rare full course video

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And now finally, after having waited nearly 2 months, I was able to test the car with all the mods.
Here is my first lap, still very smooth and careful. But the potential of the car is clearly visible.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next Lap of Sunday, 18th Oct. A bit faster now...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Btw guys, please help: Does anayone except me has the issue not to see any of the posted pics above?
Not the video preview pics but the pics of the car I posted in the early postings.

I don't see one of them...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maodys Golf 7.5 GTi TCR | Build & On Racetracks (mostly Nordschleife)

I
Nice and smooth.
Thought i was watching that Robert Kubica lap there for a moment!

All pics appear just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kind thx mate. :) :thumbup: Both pics and vids...

So I uploaded the next lap, this time with an 8:13 already pretty fast if we see the circumstances.
I did some faster driving later what was not noticable in the lap times cause of yellow flag areas...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I finally found your new thread. I was hoping you would be back with the new toy. Wish we could get the TCR on this side of the pond.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi there. :)

I don't understand why VW doesn't send the TCR to the US. Lots and lots of fans there...
Btw. just another vid of Sunday 18th October here. An example of how horsepower of a car
in front can be annoying if the driver has not the same skills...

In this lap I sometimes wished my TT-RS back. ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As the thumb says: slippery touristic driving session on The Ring Saturday. Though it was sunny and
warm for the autumn the track did not completely dry up the whole day. Shady places were still slippery.
Some people didn't know obviously...

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Love the videos watch almost every one!

Reactions: TheMaOdy66

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was this my first possible #under8 with the TCR if there was no Yello Flag Zone? I guess yes...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts