VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Still Whitsunday...

2 very nice Cars to play with, a bit of Traffic, Lots of Oilspills and a Yellow Flag Zone

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
A new tourist driving day...

Went to The Ring yesterday. First try, first track closure, just when I wanted to enter.
After reopening I did three laps, at the end of lap three the next closure (for 2 h!).
3 more laps after the second reopening, talking to mates for 1 h, getting a sunburn
and back home satisfied... :LOL:

First Upload:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
More Onboards of the Tourist Driving Session 12th of June. In this lap I met a Cayman GT4 by chance.
Obviously he didn't want to be overtaken by a simple Golf so he speeded up after I catched up to him.
A funny lap was the outcome... :cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Fresh supply... ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Another step done 🚗✔🏁 ... #sub8 executed :cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Let's go on with that ****... ;)

Lap No 2 of 3 laps driven in a row, all #sub8, all 7:55 and within a range of only 1/10 of
a second. Not much more you can want... Some more or less spectacular cars met on the
lap: 992 Carrera S, 991 GT3, 991.2 GT3 RS and an AMG GT-R "Black Series". What a car... :oops::cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
So as we say "third time is a charm"... here you see the third lap with identical laptime,
driven directly after lap 2 in one Go. A beginning lack of concentration led to some mistakes
so that this lap was my last fast lap in this stint. Afterwards I only did one more cool-down-lap...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I tried a PiP-Video again... ;)

Whilst the guided driving session of this trackday I do every year some instructors
let the participants lead the group for a lap or two. Mine did this as well. He filmed
us for a debriefing in the evening (with beers and in good mood, but also a bit strict)
and allowed to use the onboards. I inserted it into my onboard with data overlay.
Maybe you like the try... ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I haven’t seen you on stateside supercars or autoaddiction. seems you’re just too fast for the cameras!
Aaaah, now I know what's going on... :LOL::LOL:

Tbh I am an bit disappointed as well cause I don't see myself in those vids. Maybe it's because I am only the 20th red Golf GTi driving around there...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
O. K., this one is for extreme hardcore fans only... ;) :D

A complete Stint of 6 laps Nordschleife in one go, including the 2.6 Kms long straight "Döttinger Höhe".
Full Course, what we never can do whilst Tourist Driving Sessions. Plus a new feature in the overlay: a lap list.

Have fun! :cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
For diversification here a usual, normal exciting lap from the touristic driving sessions.
Lots of cars on track, some nice ones among them, 2 yellow flag zones and one Mazda 3
that spins in my rear mirror while trying to follow me...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Actually there was still one #sub8 lap on my HDD unpublished...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Often thought about, sometimes planned, yesterday finally realized: The (small) TCR TRain Nordschleife. :cool:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
More of the TCR Train here. Pretty much faster than the lap before. Sascha in the lead now. More to come...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Only to make the series complete...
The last video of TCR-Train laps, the first try in reality. And it was a bit - let's say -
bugged concerning the togetherness. Cause I (as the leading car) had no idea how
fast to go. So we lost one comrade (full stock car) early in the lap, my fault...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Next lap of last Saturday. Featuring a very strange comrade from France. Driving one of the
most figh potential cars in the world, a Porsche 991 GT2 RS. Lines, braking points and other
behaviour (warning lights, sie changes, trying to overtake on the right side) was "strange"...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
And another one...
A rare M4 GTS (F82) keeps my company over the lap.
More details worth knowing you find (like always) in the time stamps and in the pinned commentary.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
No new week without new Upload. ;)
Yesterday I did some laps together with my mate Tony and his wonderful built
"Body Store Racing" 350Z Wing-Monster

61 - 80 of 99 Posts