VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O. K. then, guys, nothing very spectacular to show yet. But nonetheless I'd like to take the chance (given by the delivery of the new car this Tuesday) to create my own car/build thread for the new VII .:R.

Configuration:

Golf VII R
DSG
Lapiz Blue
4 doors
18''
Composition Media
Navigation Discover Media
Mobilephone-Interface "Comfort"
Package "light & sight"
Windows darkened 65%
Driving profile selection
Cruisecontrol

Three very bad mobile pics (****ty light conditions there as well) taken while hand-over, I really apologize for the bad quality:

And four more pictures taken after having arrived at home, also taken with the mobile but slightly better quality:

Still boring and OEM but there will be some changes to be made. We will see...

Cheers
Markus

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!

How is it compare to MK6 R?
Thanks, Man! :)

Still not that easy to answer cause there are lots of different settings you get from the driving profiles. I'm also still looking for the perfect sitting/driving position. Driving still feels a little unusual therefore.

What I can say troday is that the steering is perhaps 20% more directly than the steering of the VI .:R. That's very nice and it feels a bit like go-karting. It seems as if there were less understeer, that I can say definitely after testing on the track. Around the middle position the steering is a little bit "doughy", not as precise as in the VI .:R. But this might be better in the "Race" profile. Couldn't try this yet but will do.

You feel the increase of power (here 270 HP to 300 HP) very very clearly, feels indeed as if it was far more increase. The motor is revving high easier and the throttle response is better. All in all it feels like a lighter and sportier, more spontaneous car in comparison to the VI .:R. This is what I can say after three days and round 400 Km.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks amazing! Should be the same as what I plan on ordering once they finally decide to get to the USA...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks amazing! Should be the same as what I plan on ordering once they finally decide to get to the USA...
This will be no too bad decision. ;)

Awesome. thanks for sharing. subscribing to youtube to see how it will fair on the track.
You're welcome. :)

Thanks for subscribing, I will do as well. Btw. I do have nothing against one or two likes for the vids. ;)

This makes me happy. My test drive of a VI R left me impressed with the power but a little "bored" compared with my MkV GTI.
I guess the little boring feeling will be gone once you test drove the VII .:R. :)

Congrats!! :wave:
Thanks to you as well! :)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Congrats! Love the blue.

Any interior shots to share?

:thumbup: all around

·
Registered
67 Posts
To me, the most important question to be asked about the MK7 is how it compares to the MK6 in terms of the power delivery; especially at low speeds. I don't like the fact that I have to wait to 2500-2800 rpm to get the turbo power in my Stage 1 DSG MK6. Add to that the fact that, in Drive, the car tends to launch in 2nd gear.

So, after driving your MK7 for 400 kms, can you confirm VW's claim of low end torque starting from around or less than 2000 rpm?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
To me, the most important question to be asked about the MK7 is how it compares to the MK6 in terms of the power delivery; especially at low speeds. I don't like the fact that I have to wait to 2500-2800 rpm to get the turbo power in my Stage 1 DSG MK6. Add to that the fact that, in Drive, the car tends to launch in 2nd gear.

So, after driving your MK7 for 400 kms, can you confirm VW's claim of low end torque starting from around or less than 2000 rpm?
After having tested it on 'The Ring' yesterday (vids will be posted after uploading) I can confirm this. Under 2.000 doesn't happen that much, but from around 2.000 you have lots of torque more than in the VI .:R. I have to say though, that I drove the VI .:R stock, so comparison is stock to stock. And I drove the VII .:R in the 'race'-mode yesterday. Of course... ;)

I will open a new thread "Maodys MK VII .:R on the Nordschleife" or so, you will find vids to check yourself. For comparison you could then check the old vids in my channel. Power delivery at low speed/revvs increased noticeable.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congratulations on your new R. I love the Lapiz Blue - possibly more than the Rising Blue. I'm traveling to Ingelheim Am Rhein on business in a few months so hopefully I'll get a chance to test drive one. I love my R - always exciting to drive, never dull. I'm looking forward to your continued impressions of the car. I can't wait to experience the DSG version.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations on your new R. I love the Lapiz Blue - possibly more than the Rising Blue. I'm traveling to Ingelheim Am Rhein on business in a few months so hopefully I'll get a chance to test drive one. I love my R - always exciting to drive, never dull. I'm looking forward to your continued impressions of the car. I can't wait to experience the DSG version.
Thanks mate! :) I cross my fingers that you will get the chance for a test drive. And have fun in good old Germany. ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And now, the first 'modification' was made. Just put on my matte black OZ Ultraleggeras in 8 x 18 ET45. And a brandnew set of Conti ForceContact in 235/40/18 was mounted as well. I have pics and I will show them. But please do not judge me for the condition of the .:R. We had rain with Sahara-Dust in the last days and I had no time for washing still. ;)

Tyre(s)

Cheers
Markus

·
Registered
486 Posts
And now, the first 'modification' was made. Just put on my matte black OZ Ultraleggeras in 8 x 18 ET45. And a brandnew set of Conti ForceContact in 235/40/18 was mounted as well. I have pics and I will show them. But please do not judge me for the condition of the .:R. We had rain with Sahara-Dust in the last days and I had no time for washing still. ;)

Tyre(s)

Cheers
Markus

a dirty .:R is better than no .:R at all!!!
love the OZ's!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
IS-Racing BBK mounted

So friends, second modification is made. The ISR BBK which I drove on the MK VI .:R before (8 pot, 356 mm) is now mounted on the MK VII .:R. A new pair of PFC rotors and a new set of Endless MX72 pads are added. As well as Stainless (Steelflex) lines and ATE Blue Racing Fluid (DOT 5.1) of course. Some pictures here:

Later then I was in a car wash, so I can repost some pics ;):

1 - 20 of 268 Posts