VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day folks, though I am a few years member of the VWVortex community (in the Golf R section) I want to introduce myself here as well. :) My name is Markus and I come from Germany.
And since I own a TT-RS instead of the Golf R as a tracktool I decided to create my own 'build' thread, though it is not very much spectacular to show. This is how the car looks right now:

In the parking garage after having taken him from the dealership:

It is a 2013 car (s-tronic) with a little less than 60 K Kms on the clock. The car has a tune (ABT Sportsline) to 420 HP and 530 Nm which was done by the previous owner. I am (resp. my company is) the 2. owner.
As I said the car is planned to be a tracktool for my Nordschleife adventures. Some of you might know the onboards in my YT channel. Who not may feel free to click the link in my sig.
Until the new season starts (09.04.2017) a few upgrades are to be done, the parts are mostly already delivered. What do I plan?

1. Adding a Wiechers Clubsport rollcage (still not delivered and so delaying the whole project)
2. Sparco XXL race seat (XXL necessary for me ;) )
3. 4 point belts
4. Carbopad rotors and Pagid RS3T pads for the OEM caliper - front axle
5. Pagid RS29 pads - rear axle
6. KW Clubsport Coilover Kit w/ stabilisators, Nordschleife adjustment
7. ATS GTR 9,5 x 18 with Pirelli PZero Corsa 265/35/18

After this it might be a serious track car and I can hardly wait to try it on track for the first time!
I will post new videos regularly, will create an own thread for them as I did in the Golf 7 R section.

Cheers
Markus

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good day folks, though I am a few years member of the VWVortex community (in the Golf R section) I want to introduce myself here as well. :) My name is Markus and I come from Germany.
And since I own a TT-RS instead of the Golf R as a tracktool I decided to create my own 'build' thread, though it is not very much spectacular to show. This is how the car looks right now:

In the parking garage after having taken him from the dealership:

It is a 2013 car (s-tronic) with a little less than 60 K Kms on the clock. The car has a tune (ABT Sportsline) to 420 HP and 530 Nm which was done by the previous owner. I am (resp. my company is) the 2. owner.
As I said the car is planned to be a tracktool for my Nordschleife adventures. Some of you might know the onboards in my YT channel. Who not may feel free to click the link in my sig.
Until the new season stars (09.04.2017) a few upgrades are to be done, the parts are mostly already delivered. What do I plan?

1. Adding a Wiechers Clubsport rollcage (still not delivered and so delaying the whole project)
2. Sparco XXL race seat (XXL necessary for me ;) )
3. 4 point belts
4. Carbopad rotors and Pagid RS3T pads for the OEM caliper - front axle
5. Pagid RS29 pads - rear axle
6. KW Clubsport Coilover Kit w/ stabilisators, Nordschleife adjustment
7. ATS GTR 9,5 x 18 with Pirelli PZero Corsa 265/35/18

After this it might be a serious track car and I can hardly wait to try it on track for the first time!
I will post new videos regularly, will create an own thread for them as I did in the Golf 7 R section.

Cheers
Markus
Love the color; looking forward to the updates.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the color; looking forward to the updates.

Ditto, wanted an imola yellow car always since I saw my first imola S4 in the early 90s. :heart:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking forward to this build, love the imola yellow! Congrats on the new ride :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to this build, love the imola yellow! Congrats on the new ride :)
Thanks man! :)

Since I am a real technical cretin you got to hope that the mechanics that build
the car do as they were told and take a few pics of their work. If not, there will
be no great amount of pics sadly.

But afterwards I will take some... ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely following this build. I've done a lot to my TTS, but one thing I've always wanted to add was the Weicher cage. Will you post some install pics as well (when it gets here of course lol).

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely following this build. I've done a lot to my TTS, but one thing I've always wanted to add was the Weicher cage. Will you post some install pics as well (when it gets here of course lol).
Thanks mate! :)

I don't install the cage by myself but will ask the garage to take pics while working.
And then we all can only hope they do as they are told... ;)

If not I will take some pics of the mounted cage and post them here. Building will
start next week on Monday. Can't wait...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
btw, why not the 9x19" ET48 ATS GTR. ??

Cause I think that 18'' is the perfect wheelsize for the TT if we speek about track performance.
And I want to run 265 tires, so the 9,5 x 18 seems to be the perfect wheel. In addition we have
no problem to get them street legal in Germany.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vegas Yellow. ??
Imola Yellow.
Not OEM for the TT MKII but the previous owner gave 3 K€ to Audi Exclusive to get the Imola Yellow on his car. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cause I think that 18'' is the perfect wheelsize for the TT if we speek about track performance.
And I want to run 265 tires, so the 9,5 x 18 seems to be the perfect wheel. In addition we have
no problem to get them street legal in Germany.
I agree. I haven't tracked my car yet, but I have it set up pretty well for it and plan on going soon. I downsized my wheels to some Enkei GTC01RR. They are fairly lightweight at 19lbs. I'm only running 255's though on an 18x8.5 wheel.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree. I haven't tracked my car yet, but I have it set up pretty well for it and plan on going soon. I downsized my wheels to some Enkei GTC01RR. They are fairly lightweight at 19lbs. I'm only running 255's though on an 18x8.5 wheel.

Looks great, mate. :thumbup: And 19 lbs is lightweight indeed.
The 9.5 x 18 ATS are 21 lbs what is still lightweight as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm running 8.5x18 OZ Superturismo's at the moment. fairly light at 22lbs..
Looking into switching to 8.5x19 Ultraleggeras HLT centerlocks, combined with my set 400mm ceramic brakes.. But will be a while before it's on the car

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just brought the TT to the garage to let the building start, can't wait... :cool:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Something new since yesterday... :)

KW Clubsport mounted

Brakeupgrade done (Carbopad rotor + Pagid RS3T)

Wiechers Clubsport-Frame in

Still the distances are missing to be able to get the ATS GTR on the car. Next week we will TÜV all and hopefully April 9th will be rollout on Nordschleife.
The Sparco Seat is too large for the car and can't be made street legal. So the position "seat + belt" must wait maybe till next winter...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wahooo, I'm on board

Hey Markus,

Thanks for the link to the new tracktool. I'll be following along as I did with the VII R. Can't wait for your "Ring season to begin. Ease into it, be safe, and have a TON of fun! ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Markus,

Thanks for the link to the new tracktool. I'll be following along as I did with the VII R. Can't wait for your "Ring season to begin. Ease into it, be safe, and have a TON of fun! ;)
I will, mate, I will. :) And I can't wait as well...

Looking great so far; what tires are you running?

The wheels you see in those pics are still my winter wheels. OEM Audi rims
9.0 x 19 with 255/35/19 winter tires.

As soon as the distances are mounted the car gets 9.5 x 18 ATS GTR rims
with Pirelli PZero Corsa 265/35/18.

Ah I want that cage! I'll get one eventually, but with a harness bar. :thumbup:
The Wiechers cage here in Germany is the "standard" cage for the TT so to say. :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts