VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there is not a lot out yet for our cars but I am bored and am mapping out what I plan on doing to my car if all goes well. Please feel free to suggest a different approach to my list of things to do first and if there is anything I should add before moving on in stages let me know. Oh and feel free to post what you plan on doing to yours. =]

STAGE 1

1. Boost Gauge
2. Unitronic ECU Stage 1+ & Diverter Valve
3. Coilovers
4. Wheels & Tires

STAGE 2

1. Turbo Back Exhaust & Unitronic ECU Stage 2
2. Intercooler
3. Clutch
4. BOOST HOSE KIT & TURBO INLET HOSE
5. Fuel Injectors, Spark Plugs & Coils
6. Sway Bars & Camber Plates

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just got a 2014 CW 1.8t 5sp. 500 miles in I got the APR Stage 1 at Drive AutoWorks - great staff. The difference is completely night and day, and its amazing to drive now (only downside is that it's still a bit too quiet) compared to my friends' WRX, MS3 and Focus ST. I'm probably taking a similar route as you. So far have Stage 1 tune, 35% tint all around, and LED DRLs.

STAGE 1

1. APR Carbonio Intake
2. Boost Gauge (I'm not a big fan of the NewSouth, and DEFI is a bit pricey - so I was looking at ProSport Gauges, hopefully the install is straight forward on MK6s
3. Diverter Valve (don't know if this is possible on the Gen 3s yet)
4. Coilovers
5. Wheels & Tires

STAGE 2

1. Down Pipe and APR Stage 2
2. Clutch
3. Sway Bars & Camber Plates

Waiting to see what goodies for turbo upgrades are there since it seems the K04 won't fit our engine - this will probably completely change my mapping out lol :laugh::laugh:

10,943 Posts
1. Grabbed a new version of VWR intake. Mated it with the apr adapter for gen 3 engines and a higher flow k&n breather filter for the sai.

2. Gonna be a bit different here, waiting for the uni 1/1+ to come out to decide what i want to choose.

3. 3" turboback probably bend my own at the local exhaust shop.

4. Clutch when it comes to it.

5. Airlift performance series front and rear. Gonna go with the best of both worlds here and spend a bit more.

6. Front and rear stabilia bars when i get the chance.

7. Id like to do something about the mushy stock brakes too.

Im really just driving the car as stock as possible til some real products hit the shelves.

Sent from my interuterine device.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Throw in some motor and transmission mounts in there. I have a spulen dog bone insert and BSH motor and trans mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts