VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how much this game is selling for everywhere. Anywhere from $30 to $90. I saw one eBay auction selling it for $500.
It can't possibly be that rare, can it? I had bought it before years ago for Dreamcast but I traded it in towards a PS2, I believe.
All of a sudden, I got an urge to have it once again and to make a long story short, I lucked out and found a copy for only $20 plus shipping (Dreamcast version). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It took quite a bit of searching, too. I was very close to breaking down and buying one for over $50.
I should be receiving it within a few days, hopefully in time for the weekend.

Who else loves this game?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (VarianceJ30)

Wish I never would have sold it with my first (used) Dreamcast.
Wish I never sold it in a lot with my PS2 (should have sold seperatly).
Wish it didn't cost so GD much used!!

·
Registered
22,855 Posts

If you play the DC versions, it actually looks better than the Xbox one, I don't know why but the graphics on the xbox one is dirty.

·
Banned
11,071 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Vision33r)

it's not that rare, it's just that ebay price jacks through the roof because alot of people are dumb enough to buy it without really looking.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (quinntendopower1)

I don't know if it were 1 or 2, but I had a friend once that would put in one credit at games works and play the game for hours, beating the computer and anyone that chose to challenge him, and yes.............he is asian

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (BlckBadged_SwissChee)

I have the original one on DC - but I WANT it for the XBOX, in fact I used to have it for my chipped box but I formatted the drive! Now it's impossible to find torrent wise, and to buy it on Ebay everyone wants close to 100 dollars!

·
Registered
12,763 Posts

The game is out of production and Capcom no longer has the rights to the Marvel franchise, so they won't be releasing it again anytime soon.
I remember buying it for Dreamcast the day it came out. It was rare then to find on store shelves and it's rarer now.
PS2 version is especially rare, with some saying only 4,000 copies printed.
I ended up picking up a new, sealed copy for XBOX on eBay. I won't be getting rid of this one anytime soon--where else are you going to find every character from every Capcom Versus game in one game? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (ricardo)

**** thats where mine went!!!!, i let my buddy borrow my dreamcast with my ALL TIME FAVORITE CAPCOM GAME!!!!, and i never seen it again (his wife "lost" a lot of it), i wonder if she sold it on ebay!...i miss it so..

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (FiReToY)

I'll have to check and see where my copy went, my nephew's friend(s) had a DC as well and plenty of my games ended up there...

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (FiReToY)

Quote, originally posted by FiReToY »
**** thats where mine went!!!!, i let my buddy borrow my dreamcast with my ALL TIME FAVORITE CAPCOM GAME!!!!, and i never seen it again (his wife "lost" a lot of it), i wonder if she sold it on ebay!...i miss it so..

I'd be pissed and make them give me 70 USD back.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (ZoomBoy)

Of the 4000 made for PS2, Ive owned 2 of them. Bought one at EB games used w/ warranty. It was scratched and everytime certain characters would come up the game would freeze. Took it back and got another with a similar problem. Its my favorite game but I just gave up and traded it for Tourist Trophy and 15 bucks in store credit. Its the frikken holy grail game on PS2, its amazingly hard to find. Im considering copping out and paying good money for an unopened one on Ebay.
In my opinion it is hands down the most fun fighting game ever made. Theres nothing like having 56 unique playable characters that are so different from each other in fighting style. My favorite was Juggernaut, I can cream just about anyone with juggy, sabretoothe, and cable/capn America.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Stratocaster5292)

Damn, I used to have that game .. I wonder if it's still in a box somewhere with my old ps1/dreamcast stuff.
The guys at the local game trading place told me not to trade my Capcom vs. SNK EO last year (for xbox) -- their system would only give me $4 or something, they said I could get at least $50 on ebay or craigslist .. but I havent tried, wonder what the market is.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (devnull)

About 2 years ago, it was still "affordable" and I decided to wait...and a year ago, when I decided to buy...omg...almost non lower than $50! Well, i gave in...the price kept going up! I don't doubt that its over $50 now!

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (quinntendopower1)

Quote, originally posted by quinntendopower1 »
it's not that rare, it's just that ebay price jacks through the roof because alot of people are dumb enough to buy it without really looking.

and where will u find it? I've searched plenty...the game IS rare! if it wasn't for ebay...we'd be hard pressed to even find the game...eve for $100
btw...am talking about for xbox

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (GoKart_16v)

SNK Vs. Capcom >>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel vs. capcom
since svc actually requires you to use diffrent button with diffrent timing. punching them (a'la MvC2) won't be usefull

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Sx2)

in terms of tighting dynamic...i actually prefer the super street fighter 2 turbo...but marvel v capcom is just its own thang...its not for the purist...but its fun when ur bored

·
Banned
2,150 Posts
i remember a few years back they had screenshots for the mvc 3 game...it had ghostrider thor and and bunch of other dudes in it....my buddy frank is insane with this game and hes not even asian hes as home brew of a white dude as u can get well hes italian but he looks white! and he ownes! on this game like wtf dude.....as for me im ok on it my best 3 are spiderman, guile and one of the shotokan warriors (ken, ryu, or akuma) DAN [email protected]

·
Banned
11,071 Posts
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (GoKart_16v)

Quote, originally posted by GoKart_16v »
and where will u find it? I've searched plenty...the game IS rare! if it wasn't for ebay...we'd be hard pressed to even find the game...eve for $100
btw...am talking about for xbox

i have a mint copy of it at my store, i've seen it come and go not often, but if you keep checking it will show up.
it got 27 bucks for trade, and sells for 60.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
i have it on dreamcast..
a downloaded copy, free..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts