VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a Good VW Garage to get a 2001 GTi 1.8T checked out at. im looking at a used car (the GTi) and want to get it looked at. i have no clue of what is down in that area for garages. Someone please give me some help.
oh the car is in Lenenburg MASS a place that is relitivly close (1 hour or less away)
thanks to all that help.
-andy

·
Registered
745 Posts
You looking at Mace's black gti?
Very sweet car http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I've heard some good things about Minuteman VW....

Modified by DevX at 9:58 AM 7-2-2003

·
Banned
6,002 Posts
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (technofly7)

transmissions etc in plaistow nh
metric systems in cambridge ma
jws vws in methuen ma

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (technofly7)

wagner VW is right there in lunenburg too
i've personally seen mace's GTI, its nice. if that's the one you're talking about

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (VeeDubMan54)

yeah im looking @ brian's GTi. damn fine car.

going down monday to look it over. anyone actualy been to one of the garages listed?
- Minuteman VW
- Transmissions etc in plaistow nh
- Metric systems in cambridge ma
- Jws vws in methuen ma
Good/Bad Service? Websites? Phone Numbers? im in Maine so i dont have any clue of whats down in Mass for places to go.
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (VeeDubMan54)

Quote, originally posted by VeeDubMan54 »
wagner VW is right there in lunenburg too

NO!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (DevX)

Quote, originally posted by DevX »

NO!

bad place?

·
Registered
589 Posts

I agree with DevX. The service at Wagner is horrible. If it wasn't so close I'd NEVER go there. They wanted to charge me $100 to program an extra keyfob for me (Which took me about 5 minutes to do with the owners manual).

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (RipThe5y5tem)

never dealt with their service dept. guess i never will.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

what about the others listed? anyone have work done by any of the listed?

·
Registered
745 Posts

Quote, originally posted by technofly7 »
what about the others listed? anyone have work done by any of the listed?

I haven't. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

bumping this up. test drove the car yesterday. just amazing. pulled sooo hard.
again i need to find a shop in Mass Area. if you have had any work done @ a shop tell me if u were satisfied or not.
thanks,

·
Registered
745 Posts

Heard good stuff about "Brian's Garage" its about an hour drive from where the car is.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (turbo1point8)

Brian's Garage is great, and so is Shine Racing Service. Brian's is in Needham off highland ave and Shine is in Walpole.
A dealer will look at a modded car and 90% of the time say "oh all this crap is gonna cause problems" because they don't know what they're looking at, and often modded cars DO have problems. Brian's or Shine actually know VW aftermarket and will be able to evaluate the whole car. Shine will tell you it's a POS because it's too low, but he'll give you a good evaluation otherwise.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Re: MASS AREA: Looking for a Good Quality Garage / Dealership to get ... (MicrobiologyNerd)

Quote, originally posted by MicrobiologyNerd »

jws vws in methuen ma

Absoultly. I get all my work done there. Joe ( the owner) did a turbo conv. in my corrado G60, and I get some stuff done there on my 1.8T Jetta. He is the MOST honest guy you will meet. http://www.jwsvws.com
It looks differenet now he took out the waterbox and made the windsheild washer tank the new waterbox. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by CorradoG60 at 8:40 PM 7-9-2003

1 - 17 of 17 Posts