VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
TTRS Brake Recall/TSB

I have terrible wear on my rotors and some squealing, but have never been informed by Audi about any recall. Car is a 2012 with 28k miles of mostly very easy driving and has never been on the track. Can anyone tell me where I can find the TSB or when the recall happened?

Thanx

Jerry

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have terrible wear on my rotors and some squealing, but have never been informed by Audi about any recall. Car is a 2012 with 28k miles of mostly very easy driving and has never been on the track. Can anyone tell me where I can find the TSB or when the recall happened?

Thanx

Jerry
Hey Jerry, another Bendite! I didn't know that there as another TTRS in town.

Call Scott at Carrera and he'll run your VIN to confirm if you need it or if it's already been done. If you've only been doing easy driving, it might just be brake deposits and needs a good scrubbing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's very interesting. Almost looks like the Porsche scoop there but using a bracket to get the correct orientation. See how far that brace goes out? If you mount the GT3 scoop directly to the mk2 arm the air gets picked up (towards the inside of the pic) behind the wheel centerline.

Might have to make another HD run this weekend :)

Here's a lap from last time out. Braking on the front straight from 120 down to 50 and at the back straight from 120 to ~70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nnSjlp4vrc&list=UUtlsz8xyUtUetE33iL2prPQ

John,

Watched your PIR Video. You need too get down to Ridge MSP. Track is a lot more fun. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcCxqnSO5Ls

Peter

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine too

I had the recall done last summer and started to get a nasty vibration under braking in under 4K miles of normal street driving. Audi replaced my front rotors for free...I hope the new ones last more than 4K miles this time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same issues here too on my "new" car.
It has had disks and pads replaced twice by Audi in the past 10k miles and within 1000 miles of me driving it home they are juddering again, rather bad.
I am going to try the brake clean stops on my overnight shift on a long straight quiet road and see what happens.
Seems like I may be getting friendly with Audi of Melbourne, FL lol
Oh and the leaking shocks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same issues here too on my "new" car.
It has had disks and pads replaced twice by Audi in the past 10k miles and within 1000 miles of me driving it home they are juddering again, rather bad.
I am going to try the brake clean stops on my overnight shift on a long straight quiet road and see what happens.
Seems like I may be getting friendly with Audi of Melbourne, FL lol
Oh and the leaking shocks.
If that doesn't work, try swapping to a more aggressive pad. My smaller than stock BBK had the judders so I replaced the rings but left the same pads in place. Judders returned after a short time so I changed to Project Mu club racer (RC09) pads. These cleaned of the pad deposits & never come back. They were expensive on my setup (there's 4 pads each side on the RS6/Lambo calipers) but they also stop amazingly on the track. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried some EBC reds as they are well regarded road pads with brake in surface coating but a couple hundred miles later and it was still terrible.
I did what I should of and checked the disk runout and they were in bad shape.
BTW all the talk about pad material sticking to the disk on the interwebs....total rubbish.
I ordered Zimmermann 100336770 from Eeuroparts because they looked totally different from the factory disks and seem to have good reviews.
I am happy to say they have completely cured my brake judder and the car is a pleasure to drive.
Will see how they do long term, but there is no way a grandad driver on I95 should be able to warp factory disks like this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I need new rotors and didn't know there were other options other than oem and girodisc. eEuroparts lists the Zimmerman 100336770 as incompatible with my 12 TTRS, but you can confirm they fit fine? Any pics of them compared to the OEM discs?

I tried some EBC reds as they are well regarded road pads with brake in surface coating but a couple hundred miles later and it was still terrible.
I did what I should of and checked the disk runout and they were in bad shape.
BTW all the talk about pad material sticking to the disk on the interwebs....total rubbish.
I ordered Zimmermann 100336770 from Eeuroparts because they looked totally different from the factory disks and seem to have good reviews.
I am happy to say they have completely cured my brake judder and the car is a pleasure to drive.
Will see how they do long term, but there is no way a grandad driver on I95 should be able to warp factory disks like this.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, 2012 Audi TT RS
1,335 Posts
That's odd. I have those Zimmermann rotors for my car, and they DO judder. Granted the pads are not OEM...a low dust StopTech option. I've just accepted this...it's a winter car now.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S, 2017 Jaguar F-Pace, 2012 Audi TT RS
1,335 Posts
Oops. I actually have the Audi rotor. Not Zimmermann. Just found the order history on eEuroparts.com.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts