VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my Mattig RS front bumper in the mail and i have herd mixed things about its fitment, and well, on my car the thing definatly doesnt want to fit, the hangers i guess you could say on the sides are completly different, and some of the bolt holes (which i may add are not drilled out on the bumper, i have to drill them) are not lined up. can anybody give me some ides on how to get this damn thing on? please help me, i have a wrecked stock bumper on the front and really want this one on. Or is it more worth it to return the thing and get a different bumper.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Re: Mattig RS front bumper (96RedVDUB)

i m new to the mkIII styling world but i ll bet u a dollar its meant to fit the euro rad supprt, and thats why you re having problems fitting it to the NA spec version. if u think the install is beyond your means, pay someone to custom fabricate supports so it fits correctly, or if someone can corroborate my euro rad support theory, consider purchasing one of those.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Re: Mattig RS front bumper (Burnin8r)

no offense, but if you're having problems fitting it, it's best to just take it to a body shop and have them do it. You'll probably have to do some trimming of your core support and / or the bumper, and if you don't know where to start, then it's best to let the pro's handle it.
plan on spending 4-600 to get the bumper fitted and painted, depending on how bad the fit is to start with, how experienced the body shop is, how much they end up blending on the fenders, how backed up they are, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts