VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (BLUE NRG)

NO! now shut up and buy it from RPI... I know its Canadian but they whipe the funny smell off
. But I would give Matt and TZ a call, homeboy has EVERYTHING he could even get me WRDs and Dynatechs.
Kyle

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (KidCorrado)

I can get most Mattig stuff from germany.
Got a new real flat lisence plate holder at home atm.
Niko

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (BLUE NRG)

Just so you know, I had major problems with RPI recently. They don't have time to care properly for their customers. On top of it they won't tell you when they've screwed up, they'll try to cover it up instead. I guess really I should say that's what happened in my situation anyway. It took over a month to get my parts and some of them were wrong, etc.
I'm sure other places sell Mattig. I could probably even get you what you need.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (Cheshire_Cat)

I second that...i had 2 Reiger grills break on my while driving due to 1. RPI not being able to tell me how to install properly. 2. Cheap constuction. I called and talked to Dustin about it and we played phone tag for 2 weeks about this problem. I bought it from a store called CG Motorsports who got it from RPI...first Dustin told me its not his problem because he didnt sell it too me.(even though i bought it indirectly from him) then he wouldnt warrenty it for me. He started to get angry at me on the phone and at one point i told him that i felt this was Sh1tty customer service...and he replied "WHat!!! you think i am giving you sh1tty Fu!!!cking customer serverice....and he ranted on for a minute or two. In the end i had to lie to ICBC and told them that someone had attempted to steal the grill and they covered me for the replacement...twice. I think that Dustin is a complete a$$hole, but RPI in general still sells things cheaper than everywhere else. So whatta ya going to do.
-Mike-

[Modified by Shinny_G60, 6:01 PM 6-2-2002]

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (Shinny_G60)

Thats odd, I have bought all my parts from Warren he has taken really good care of me and shipped all my parts fast and cheap. As for the grille thing... honestly I dont know if I would warrenty it. Look at his side of it... you bought it from a company, company being the key word that bought it from him, which means that its not really his prob, more so the prob of the secondary company. Also he dosent make the grille, Rieger does, and honestly... and I dont mean this in a mean way... dude if you cant put a grille on right... whoa... that pretty bad, I mean ya just screw the thing down tight, thats all there is too it, I have a video of me doing 120+ for like 20 minutes with me Rieger, I mean the instructions are in German, the only way he would know how to put it on is to look at it like you would. But the saying not good friggin service... I dont agree with that, shouldn't be like that with customers, but again your not technically a customer and I know retail can get very stressful man... I personally am in it. I know it may sound like Im kissin ass here haha, but just trying to help Warren out as he is a stand up guy and I spent $1000`s with him for good reasons, also Matt at TZ is another pimp, he took super good care of me

Kyle

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

I think that Warren is a complete a$$hole, but RPI in general still sells things cheaper than everywhere else. So whatta ya going to do. QUOTE]
What I would like to do is create my own VW performance parts store. It seems like there are a lot of complaints lately with all of the most popular companies and I think the problem is that they're getting too big to handle the business, but don't want to hire more people to help spread out the work load.
It would be cool to have a business that is owned by the members sort of like a credit union. If it was run as a not for profit type of organization everyone could get warehouse prices. There would just be volunteer representatives for each state (or more than one for larger states) and if you wanted to buy a part you would just contact your local rep who would order the part. Obviously I just came up with this entire idea as I was typing it, but I like the idea anyway!

·
Registered
5,033 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]What I would like to do is create my own VW performance parts store. It seems like there are a lot of complaints lately with all of the most popular companies and I think the problem is that they're getting too big to handle the business, but don't want to hire more people to help spread out the work load.
It would be cool to have a business that is owned by the members sort of like a credit union. If it was run as a not for profit type of organization everyone could get warehouse prices. There would just be volunteer representatives for each state (or more than one for larger states) and if you wanted to buy a part you would just contact your local rep who would order the part. Obviously I just came up with this entire idea as I was typing it, but I like the idea anyway!
[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif on that, if you have the time!!! I know I don't, though I wish I had more time for my car.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (evilpat)

last year when i bought my brembo rotors RPI overcharged my credit card by like $40 bucks. took about a month and about a dozen phone calls to get it straightened out. warren took my order but dustin is the one who eventually took care of it.....said it had something to do with the conversion of canadian dollars to american??????
recently my i ordered a mattig badgless grill from them. no problems and shipped on time

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (crez)

quote:[HR][/HR].....said it had something to do with the conversion of canadian dollars to american??????[HR][/HR]​
What a load of sh!t! All of their prices are in US Dollars. As far as I've been able to tell they don't need to do a conversion. It sounds like another case of them coming up with some BS so they can cover up their mistakes.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

Blackie...first off i installed the grill with some screws on each side of the eyebrows into the headlights. What has happening was at high speeds of 160 K/h the grill tabs would break off and the grill would snap off from the eyebrows. So dont go and tell me that i dont know how to install this grill. I was told this is the way its suppose to be done so thats what i did. The last time i installed the grill i have now attached the two bottom tabs to the tow hooks in the inside of my bumper using some wire so that this doesnt happen again. And actually it was Dustin i was speaking to on the phone NOT Warren, ooops.. i will go and edit my previous post now.
-mike-

·
Registered
7,180 Posts

Thats cool man like I said not trying to be an ass or anything
. Future reference though.... Just screw every top mount to the core support, this should help to hold it down better. The key is that the tabs are pushed down as far as possible on the bottom
Kyle

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Mattig....who sells besides RPI? (BlackieVR6)

so umm....who else besides rpi sells mattig?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts