VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would win stock in a 1/4 or 0-60? My friend says that the res runs 0-60 in 5.9 secs, and his GTi runs 0-60 in 8 secs. He's crazy! The RSX can do that. The rsx is more like 7.9 secs. BTW, he keeps saying that a 255hp 3220 lb maxima can beat any of them in 0-60 or 1/4 mile. Anyone know the facts. He also said that the maxima can't beat the GTi on the highway because his GTi has a "1.8", when Nissan's VQ 3.5 has some serious top end. What do you guys think? Who'd win?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: (NoDubJustYet)

I'll vote for the Festiva. What a car

I would compare the RSX and the GTI. Leave the Maxima out-although heavy, I have heard they are quick with that new V6.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Re: (Tool_GTI)

Seen maxima and RSX type S when I was at the track with my Jetta. Maxima ran low 15's (15.3), RSX type S ran 15.5's. 03 Jetta 1.8T ran 15.3. All 3 were stock, running at 2800ft elevation.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Re: Maxima 3.5, GTi 1.8T, or RSX Type S (2k3TitaniumSE)

where the hell is that "The 1.8T can never lose" picture...
I have no idea on this one. The only 180hp 1.8T I have ever driven was the 20AE. I don't know what the RSX is geared for but my guess id that it's six gears are short and keep it in the VTEC power band. The Maxima must be pretty quick if that 3.5V6 is the same as the 350Z and Infinitys. But then again I remember Motor Trend rated a Jetta GLI pretty highly against an Altima 3.5SE. The 1.8Ts are just as fast as the 24V to sixty, maybe a little faster.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If I remember right, some guy got torched with his 1.8t against a new maxima with the v6. I also heard they were quick as hell.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
well igot smoked by a r32 yesterday... haha.. it was on the freeway.. he came up next to me.. and looked at me.. i was like crap.. and then i saw him down shift.. and i did too.. i was at 5500 RPM.. floorin my damn Turbo.. and he juss pulled away with that nice soundin exhaust.. btw.. that car was brand new..looks like he jsus drove it off the lot 5 mins ago..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm pretty sure with my maxima that it would beat it compared to the weak rsx and my 1.8 jetta. My maxima is just a lot quicker but once again, I didn't know about the GTi. BTW I have the 03 Maxima 3.5 V6 and ran a 14.46 at 97.19 and yes it was BONE STOCK! and had the auto tranny.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: (2k3TitaniumSE)

this is what would happen, if it is a 180hp gti, the race with the rsx type s would be close. they both run mid 6 second 0-60 providing they are stick. the maxima would blow them away. i raced my friends 6spd maxima(last body style with clear lense tails) and i had cai bov and 3in turboback and he pulled on me everytime, and i beat mustang gt's!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Re: (LilChaGTI)

If your looking for 0-60 just pick up an car mag.
Maxima 3.5 = 5.9 seconds
Acura RSX Type S = 6.7 seconds
GTI 1.8T = 6.8 seconds
I got those from C&D and MT just real quick. Now RSX and 1.8T is a drivers race .1 means nothing. Maxima definatly is faster. Then you gotta remember, a chipped 1.8T is another race all together.
My GTI VR6 is rated at 6.8 stock, ive taken modded RSX-Ss without a problem

·
Banned
131 Posts
my friend has an RSX Type-S and there's no way he'll EVER get until 7seconds, and he as a cold air intake and a full cat back exhaust. Jeez my friend's SE-R Spec-V is faster and all he's got is a Cold Air Intake, and an ECU Chip. I raced my friend's RSX-S with our 330xi (which BMW claims is 7.9seconds) and i beat him by several car lengths, and that's in an automatic! Point is i have little respect for the power of the RSX-S, altho it is an extremely nice car. I drive a 2.Slow with a cold air intake, and its really not THAT much slower than an RSX-S, im not really a racer, but i feel embarassed when i pull up next to 1.8T's .. looks like i'll be trying to bargain/barter with vf engineering

·
Registered
952 Posts
Re: (split)

Off T but i went against a WRX (227 i'm pretty sure) in my GLi and i had him off the line... I had a better launch and i'm pretty sure that was the only reason... And once i got to 4th (after reddin 3rd a bit) ~ 84 mph, i was pullin on him. (yay for a vr6 top end). The second time i was too confident and launched bad and i was behind him (not next to him @ the light), but he didnt get far. And on a 60 mph pull, he got a little ahead before i got to 4th again.
A little more on topic, i raced a 1.8t. We both had 2 other people in the car. Off the line, i was about a foot or 2 ahead, but i guess once the turbo had a chance to get up, i couldnt do much. He was half a car lenght ahead, but i was holdin up. He said he was chipped with an exhaust and i cant remember what else.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Re: (CuseTownGTi)

The GLI has short gears due to the 6 speed box. The max speed in the 1, 2, 3 gears is like 25, 55, 85. The gears hurt acceleration in the VR6. It has too broad of a powerband for the gears. In 4-6, the gears are better suited to the motor and they flast out fly. You'll lose a lot of time because you have to shift more often. The 12V 5speed MK4 like yours have rediculously long 3-5 gears. I've heard that 4th gear goes until 145 on a chipped car. A 12V would euther be really close or ahead of me in the 0-60 sprint but around 80mph or when I shifted into 4th, the mid and top end power of the 24V would make up any distance lost.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: (CoolWhiteWolfsburg)

Quote, originally posted by CoolWhiteWolfsburg »
The GLI has short gears due to the 6 speed box. The max speed in the 1, 2, 3 gears is like 25, 55, 85. The gears hurt acceleration in the VR6. It has too broad of a powerband for the gears. In 4-6, the gears are better suited to the motor and they flast out fly. You'll lose a lot of time because you have to shift more often. The 12V 5speed MK4 like yours have rediculously long 3-5 gears. I've heard that 4th gear goes until 145 on a chipped car. A 12V would euther be really close or ahead of me in the 0-60 sprint but around 80mph or when I shifted into 4th, the mid and top end power of the 24V would make up any distance lost.

I dont know about this. I played with my friends GLI on many occasions, and he always beats my 12v or other friends non-chipped 1.8t's. Same situation occurs when we switch drivers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts