VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought coilovers springs, just to drop it more, also set of Blisten front struds,
and it looks like it wont fit becasue the blisten's strud is wider on the bottom. so the coilover metal tread wont go thru to the bottom, are there special struds for coilovers? weird.
LOL

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Re: maxspeed coilover springs (Blue96VR6)

Most of the "budget" coilover systems are one size fits all, and you usually have to trim part of the struts to get them to fit. That's just one of the reasons people don't recomend them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Re: maxspeed coilover springs (Blue96VR6)

dude i will give you a word of advice right now before you install it.. find some poor sap to sell it to because you arent going to be happy with it. alot of people get these aorspeed, maxspeed, etc coilover kits and spend $$$ making them fit and then are very unsatisfied with them.
what i would do is, either buy a real coilover set (with shocks & springs as one unit) or buy a set of rear bilsteins to match your new fronts and get a good set of springs (h&r, eibach, etc) to go with them. suspension is the one thing you do not want to go cheap on! believe me, everyone here will say the same thing
and just to add: A wise man once said "Real Coilovers do not cost $200!"

[Modified by Slayer, 11:05 AM 5-31-2002]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: maxspeed coilover springs (Slayer)

haha, yeah and i agree, when i got them yesterday, also blisten strunds came in, and tried to see how they will fit and all the sudden i was like What the f... is this sh.. and i said to myself noway iam not gonna put this in on my car LOL also i have the Sprint Springs, and in rear i have some cheap ass kybs gas shocks. car looks fine but a litttle little more would be great.
quote:[HR][/HR]dude i will give you a word of advice right now before you install it.. find some poor sap to sell it to because you arent going to be happy with it. alot of people get these aorspeed, maxspeed, etc coilover kits and spend $$$ making them fit and then are very unsatisfied with them.
what i would do is, either buy a real coilover set (with shocks & springs as one unit) or buy a set of rear bilsteins to match your new fronts and get a good set of springs (h&r, eibach, etc) to go with them. suspension is the one thing you do not want to go cheap on! believe me, everyone here will say the same thing
and just to add: A wise man once said "Real Coilovers do not cost $200!"

[Modified by Slayer, 11:05 AM 5-31-2002][HR][/HR]​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts