VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Bugformance and noticed they had a set of MaxSpeed coilovers for A2/A3. They're only 200 bucks, does anyone know if they're any good? Obviously not H&R, but at the price, what do you get?
[edit: typo]

[Modified by negativl, 8:57 AM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Re: MaxSpeed Coilovers cheap, any good? (negativl)

the saying holds true, you get what you pay for.
cheap coilovers = poor quality, save your money!
there's a site on the web that i've been to before (can't remember the URL) that has product reviews of aftermarket performance stuff, the maxspeed coilovers got a 2 out of 5 i believe, do a search on hotbot and you'll find that site.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Re: MaxSpeed Coilovers cheap, any good? (jueve grande)

i bought these.
they are really stiff. i had em in for about a month and my car/kidneys started to hurt. if you are useing them for a daily driver i would stay away rom them.
also, the max drop is equivent to about a 40mm drop. cranked up, it'll make you look like a 4x4. i tried it, looks funny.
they are inserts. they replace your coils. i bought mine on ebay for pretty cheap. $140 i think.

if you want mine i chopped the front, so they are garbage, but the rears arent (they can also be usd for the front).
personally, i would have a tough time recommending these to a fellow vortex-er

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.