VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sellin the Fox

Full size pics in the signature.

'90 Coupe, 96K miles, A/C 134A just completed, Jetta Bottlecaps with new Potenza RE-950's, perfect interior, good exterior, Alpine CD, Infiniti Speakers, Neuspeed sports, Boge turbogas struts, new ISV, rebuilt CIS, new front brakes, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, vacuum lines, fuel filter, etc.
Now for the bad - noisy speedo cable, outermost A/C vents do not blow air (vacuum leak), gas filler hose needs replacing, the usual exterior wear, paint is slightly oxidized but still good(could use some compound), two inch ding in the left rear fender, pass side window is loose but works fine, reverse grinds if not shifted into 1st first(gotta luv dub trannies).
I would like $1500 firm. Not willing to deliver outside of the Tampa Bay Area, but will try to make accomodations. Email me for info @ [email protected] I work strange hours so I will need a day or two notice before test drives.

[Modified by BadAssCorrado, 7:16 PM 4-21-2002]

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: May be sellin the Fox, whats it worth ? (FoxWagonGuy)

quote:[HR][/HR] Why are you selling it? Sounds about 2500 worth, maybe a little lower.[HR][/HR]​
Kewl price sounds good of course, thats why I wanted opinons.
Actually I'm getting a Eurovan MV Westfalia as my DD and the Fox will be retired.
I'll miss her but when I go to bed in my Eurovan or eat lunch at the table while listening to R8's blast past at Sebring, I'm not sure I'll miss her that much.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Re: May be sellin the Fox, whats it worth ? (BadAssCorrado)

Worthy upgrade, my friend. I have considered selling the Fox to finance my Westy repair before, but just can't seem to do it. Owned the Fox longer, I guess.
Someone will get a fine car for $1500. Sounds about right.
Louis P

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: May be sellin the Fox, whats it worth ? (92foxrox)

Even when my 93 was in almost mint condition before my wreck with 60k miles it was only work about 2500-3000.
Yours is pretty good looking.. I think you could get 2300 for it.

·
Registered
788 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] outermost A/C vents do not blow air [HR][/HR]​
What's the deal with this?!? Mine does the same thing. Is it a mixer door? I really miss having floor vents, but can get over it. Only having defrost and two center vents is killing me here in South Mississippi. It's HOT. I looked all through the bentley and maybe I am missing something because I don't see what would be causing it. Any hints/tips/suggestions? I am also pondering putting a beefier fan in. It just doesn't blow like I'd like. I'm afraid that when it comes time to convert to 134a that I am going to lose a great deal of cooling capability.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: May be sellin the Fox, whats it worth ? (Vee Dubb)

yeah its a vaccuum door problem in the mixer thingy in the dash. i have tried to search to fidn the culprit but never had any luck. and i also feel the same way about the blower, on cool days its ok but when its like 85+ it just doesnt move enough air.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: May be sellin the Fox, whats it worth ? (96jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]Friend of mine may buy it for $1500[HR][/HR]​
Well lemme know if he does, and if he is serious I will consider selling it now. I was planning on waiting a month until I could get the Corrado paid off but if he wants it now then I'll surely take that into consideration.

·
Registered
788 Posts

GRR! Just what I expected. With the wagon, that's alot of air volume that simply doesn't move with the dinky fan. Especially when it's only blowing out of the center vents. I'll discover it sooner or later, and when I do....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Sellin the Fox (BadAssCorrado)

Where are you located in Tampa approximately? I live about an hour away in Polk County and know Tampa fairly well. My girlfriend had her heart set on a Fox and I literally almost had to talk her into trying out an 8V scirocco cus all the Fox's we've been finding locally are junk. She's just about ready to plunk down the money on the scirocco by this weekend but I'd love to let her see your Fox before she makes a decision. We might be able to swing it for the price you are asking. How soon can we come look at it???? email me off the board at [email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.