VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

41 - 60 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Eh, we don't always need to be so sue happy.

I requested - and got - VWOA to cut me a $3,000 check this summer by just writing an articulate email.

Different circumstances, but VWOA had zero obligation to provide compensation of any kind and I didn't need to swing my sue happy dick around to get what I wanted from a multi-billion dollar company.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
orr... they'll fix it without issues and you'll be on your merry way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Goes in two directions
3,602 Posts
orr... they'll fix it without issues and you'll be on your merry way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But then he couldn't post what will undoubtedly be a 20+ page thread of bull**** in TCL.

·
Registered
8,942 Posts
A Boy Named Sue

Why doesn't the OP just buy a reliable Asian sport sedan? :laugh: Bought sketch snit, got bit, now looking for somebody else to hit.

I mean, if you keep going to food trucks with low sanitary grades and getting horrible cases of mud butt and your first thought while sitting on the toilet is, "I'll sue!", I think you're missing the true instigator in this continuing turd stream of drams.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Perhaps, but as stated, Audi and VW's official policy is complete powertrain warranty denial on TD1. This violates federal law. But they appear to just settle whenever anyone pushes them with a credible lawsuit over it.

Let's see what happens.

What's fun about my case is it's the most extreme case possible -- these usually are the ones that actually make for lawsuits. I have a car that I didn't buy from Audi originally, that is modified heavily, that is at the VERY end of its warranty term, that was never touched or serviced by Audi, and that has (what appears to be) a known flaw with the engine. They are going to want, with every bone in the their German penny-pinching corporate body, to void the warranty. Let's see.
Has VAG denied you anything yet? Or are you just getting ready to sue because extreme response is the natural first step?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I mean, if you keep going to food trucks with low sanitary grades and getting horrible cases of mud butt and your first thought while sitting on the toilet is, "I'll sue!", I think you're missing the true instigator in this continuing turd stream of drams.
This might be the best description ever written that summarizes Schnell's automotive adventures. :laugh:

·
Registered
15,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I'm not worried - he'll find a way to bug them into escalating. It's what he does

They'll fix it no questions asked, but he'll find a scuff somewhere and it's off to court!!
I'm not going to escalate anything unless I get denied. I am at least 60% sure though, that they will at least give me a hassle over this.

Let's wait and see.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Perhaps, but as stated, Audi and VW's official policy is complete powertrain warranty denial on TD1. This violates federal law.... I have a car that I didn't buy from Audi originally, that is modified heavily, that is at the VERY end of its warranty term, that was never touched or serviced by Audi, and that has (what appears to be) a known flaw with the engine.....
Isn't the warranty already voided when Audi doesn't do the maintenance on the vehicle?

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
18,938 Posts
No. Maintenance can be done by anyone as long as it's documented, within the specified intervals, with specified materials.
Best part? You don't even have to do the maintenance. Just document it. *whistles and walks away*

·
Registered
993 C2, MK4 GTI, MK7.5 R
8,032 Posts
I'm reliably told they'll upgrade you to a TTRS.

Best of luck!

41 - 60 of 242 Posts