VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
341 - 360 of 387 Posts

· Registered
10,103 Posts
If they’re bringing purple back I am totally on board with it.
Looks like those styling cues look way better on the next Gen crossovers than it does tacked on the CX-5.

Porsche has a 'Copy Ruby Metallic' color now that replaced the brown. It looks pretty purple in the configurator, but in person it's more 'black cherry with a hint of bown/gold.'

I'm all for more purple cars

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

My 1991 Plymouth Acclaim a buddy painted Deep Amethyst Pearl for me:
Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

· Registered
'22 S5 SB
808 Posts
You know the GLE is sold with a 4 as it’s base volume trim, right? And look at the EPA of the Volvo…it gets better fuel economy and emissions while giving similar acceleration.
I do. But amazingly, no the GLE 2.0Toy doesn't get better mpg overall, even with 100HP less!

And prove your last part (because I proved the contrary - same mpg). X5 xdrive40 0-60is around 5s while the XC90 T6 is around6.

The number of cylinders don't matter.
Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. :rolleyes: Tell your nonsense story to Corvette and Mustang GT owners who can't wait to get a 4-cyl.... not!

· Registered
ND1 Miata & Accord Hybrid
683 Posts

· Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited
25,188 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

· Registered
99,780 Posts
Ant?
Interior tidbit about the (longitudinal) inline 6 giving more front suspension room was interesting.
I fully believe Mazda has (always had) the capability to engineer world class driving vehicles- the question is always about the resources to properly engineer and deliver.

· Registered
2019 Mazda 3
4,309 Posts
Fixed!
We can only hope.
Manufacturers stopped caring about serviceability a few decades ago.
I disagree on that one. Complexity of the powertrains have increased, but standard servicing feels pretty well thought out, for Mazda that is.

For oil changes, my 2019 is far easier than my 2008 Mazda 3, or 2001 Protégé. For my first gen, it required just the cartridge change (which is quite messy) and remove the entire aero panel. My Protégé required me to go to proctology class as the filter near the firewall. Engine air filter, cabin air filter are all really easy with the 4th gen 3. I haven't done plugs yet but they look pretty darn simple. Fortunately, that's the only servicing I've ever had to do on my cars.

· Premium Member
13,904 Posts
YMMV. V6 in my TLX still has the oil filter directly over the right LCA. And a damn timing belt 🤦‍♂️ I guess that is an example of old tech having worse maintenance lol.

· Registered
99,780 Posts
I disagree on that one. Complexity of the powertrains have increased, but standard servicing feels pretty well thought out, for Mazda that is.
That's a good sign then.
The last Mazda I had was the 04 RX8.... and that was an anomaly car anyways.
-
With the way our economics (the cost of everything is too damn high!) and dealership support (no free loaners anymore and vague scheduling for mainstream brands) are headed.... I think getting back to cars we can service ourselves with simple tools is a good idea.

· Registered
14,197 Posts
That's a good sign then.
The last Mazda I had was the 04 RX8.... and that was an anomaly car anyways.
-
With the way our economics (the cost of everything is too damn high!) and dealership support (no free loaners anymore and vague scheduling for mainstream brands) are headed.... I think getting back to cars we can service ourselves with simple tools is a good idea.
Luxury brands barely want to give you loaners these days. Hopefully they stop being so stingy as inventory ramps back up.

341 - 360 of 387 Posts