VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
In b4 the "smile" people start posting. The grill really fits the car overall, much mor aggressive than the toy we see on the road now with the flat lines and curves.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
That looks damn good for a small car and would make a great replacement for the 2. I had a 2 as a rental for a week in Florida and overall loved how it drove, the looks were so-so. If they could give this car the speed treatment, it could be a contender to replace the FiST.

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
Hmmm I'll need to see in person and not a render. The Mazda3 has turned into a real life letdown. The styling just doesn't fit a car smaller than the Mazda6.

Styling aside I hope this gets something better than the 4-speed automatic!

·
Registered
23,341 Posts
This chassis will also underpin the next Yaris. It will be interesting to see if that version uses a Mazda engine (1.5- or 1.6-liter SkyActiv would be nice) or if the Toyota version gets a Toyota engine.

·
Registered
Impreza | '86 RX-7 | Ninja 400
11,072 Posts
If they make a hot version of this and actually sell it to compete with the Fiesta ST and such, I am buying more Mazda shares.

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
they cant even make a hot version of the 3 :(, what makes you think they will make a hot version of this. :confused::(
True, but they could make a "hot" version of this simply by fitting it with the larger 2.0 or 2.5 engine, whereas for the Speed3, it would have required something more (e.g. 2.0T or 2.5T) which they seem to be trying to avoid for cost purposes.

·
Registered
14,868 Posts

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
FV-QR

I love how Mazda designers aren't afraid of long hoods. The new 3 and 6 as well as the current MX-5 have a nice long distance between the nose and the bottom of the windshield. It makes them appear more upmarket, in my opinion. The interior is a little too "stylish" for my tastes, but overall, I really like this. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.