VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty damn cold, but I still had fun.
Ran a 30.7xx and then a 29.062, I was at 6th spot for the novice class, Im sure it will drop, but was stoked for that.
Opla got a 30.4xx second place in our group, I dont remember what MArk Jimmy and company got.
Who all went, any going tomorrow?

·
Registered
11,046 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (TheGinMill)

i entered the 2nd turn way to hot on my last run. woulda pulled a 29 if i didn't **** that up.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (Bob Opla)

I didn't go the second round, since you 2 know, and called me a loser. But I redeemed myself, when I drove the RX8. Not following the rules and did a huge burn out, and was not obeying the signs on the course. I got yelled at. Nothing like reving it to 4 grnd and side stepping the clutch. haha and my brother doing the neutral drops to lauch

You can dress us up but can't bring us out. What a group

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (CorradoG60)

im going tommorrow with a few other guys..
anything u can tell me, that i might find valuable tommorrow?

Modified by compleckz at 8:33 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
11,046 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (compleckz)

yea. when your taking your timed runs use the manual matic thing. stay in first gear until you redline and throw it in second. the only other time you'll need to put it in first is when exiting the hairpin at the end of the track. other than that just juice it in 2nd.

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (Bob Opla)

Agree with Bob, but I downshifted just before the apex of that last hard corner, worked very well, IMO

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

my best time was 31.3..def woulda been better if i didnt get sideways in that first hard right turn
it was pretty fun

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (Deniro)

31.3 is respectable, how did you go sideways trhru that corner?? I never let off till I was hard on the brakes for the first hard right hander, after the first long straight. Although, those cars did slide a bit. I guess I should be stoked with that 29.0. Did you notice if I was still on the leaderboard for Novice class? Matt Ginger was at 6th when I left yesterday

·
Registered
7,865 Posts

i think we would of put better times today, since it was cold yesterday. Tires would of been sticky today since they use the Falken Azensis.

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (silent_performance)

Nice time, looks like you and me are the only 29 sec club on here.
Jimmy, they may have a bit better traction, but with all that cold air, we had more power
Roll for all that extra power, heh heh

·
Registered
7,133 Posts

my best time was like 30.5x something.. thats was my frist run... second run i got a friggin 31.xx, someone was going ass slow in front of me, so i got to do 3 laps actually..

my friends martin got a 29.xx his second lap..
we RIPPED the 'test drive' cars WICKED hard.. and only got a few talking to's.. but i managed not to hit the cones, or spin out.. so they never really yelled at me.. but me and my friends all went out in the tribute, ****in roasted the inside front tire on every corner.. i cant believe they never kicked us out..
i saw a nice black a4 JTI there, tons or m3's, 330ci's, s4's.. we were pimping the Mazda MPV! i left my rado at home..
i wish i could take my rado on that track...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (compleckz)

ran a 35 in the first lap...i couldnt seem to shift correctly in manual...got a 31 in the second...i just left it in drive. i had a good time tho...i'll be there next year.
i was the a4 jti there, didnt see many dubs there tho.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (consyce)

KC2 is a nut he should have won if he was there today he won in newyork last weekend i believe

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (germantoyagain)

31.9 first lap, 30.4 second lap. no cones either time. i wanted the sub-30 so bad, but 30.4 is pretty good overall. i was happy with it.

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (germantoyagain)

Quote, originally posted by germantoyagain »
KC2 is a nut he should have won if he was there today he won in newyork last weekend i believe

Yes, he was not eligible to win, as he already did win NY. Once your in the finals, your in. He was able to participate I thought, didnt see his mane up on the board though. But the weather was crappy saturday, if Id had won somewhere lese, I would have blown it off too.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

im not sure if you were still on the leader board for novice..quite a few people broke below 30 while i was there.

·
Registered
268 Posts

Cone problems.

I would have been on top of the leaderboard all weekend if I hadn't coned with 749 pts (the winner had 745). C'est la vie!

My older brother did it Sat and got something like 480 pts, can't remember his time, and my wife did it yesterday... and got 482! So my wife beat my brother.

It was a fun time, but a little cold on Sat. Yesterday was fantastic.
Nice to hear you ppl had fun too.

Next stop? Laguna Seca! W00t!

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Re: Mazda rev it up, what were all your times?? (Deniro)

ran a 32.3XX on my first run and a 30.1XX on my second I was happy with the times one more run and I'm sure I could have been in the 29's no prob I was still going into the long sweeper alill hot had a bad set up for the last slalom... Awsome event!

Modified by protijy337 at 8:44 AM 5-24-2004

·
Registered
406 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TheGinMill »

Yes, he was not eligible to win, as he already did win NY. Once your in the finals, your in. He was able to participate I thought, didnt see his mane up on the board though. But the weather was crappy saturday, if Id had won somewhere lese, I would have blown it off too.

he was on the leaderboard saturday..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts