VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking in my 01 Jetta in for service for the brake light switch recall and a heated mirror malfunction. When scheduling, I asked if I could have my window clips replaced at the same time. The woman on the phone said not if the window hadn't fallen. I told her that I'm going on a very long road trip and I don't want to chance it, and that it's really only a matter of time before they fail. She agreed, but said that they won't do warranty work on a part that isn't broken.
This was Heratige VW in Owings Mills by the way. Anyone know of another dealer in MD that will replace them before it's too late?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Re: MD Dealer for MKIV window clip repair BEFORE they fail? (synmoo)

i thought the Window clips are a recall item

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Re: MD Dealer for MKIV window clip repair BEFORE they fail? (FUBL)

I dont know how far you are from Ourisman VW of Laurel. But I know that we would do it. We have done many under warranty before falling in the door. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a hike... but worth it to be sure that I don't have problems on the road. I'll need all 4 windows obviously. Can it be done while I wait? Is there someone in particular I should ask for? What are my chances of getting an appointment this Saturday (22nd)?
Edit: Fixed Date... 22nd.

Modified by synmoo at 12:24 PM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: (synmoo)

come see me at russel vw on rt. 40. just tell them that your window is making noise and ill put the clips in. tell them you want rob to work on your car, ill take care of it

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great! The windows are actually making noise. Sounds horrible when I close the door and an aweful thunk when they go all the way down.
It's a little late now, but I'll call tomorrow in the AM to make sure you're there and make an appointment.
Or you can just leave a message here on when the best time is to bring it in. Not sure how busy you guys are on Saturdays.
Thanks!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talked to the SM at my local dealer... he's taking care of me!
Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts